Chapter 15

Bryn Atkinson's POV

I few days had gone by since the incident, so students will be missing school for two weeks. It turns out, the shooter was a boy. Jacobson Meyers had been raged when his best friend started going out with his ex. He had planned on killing them both, and anyone that got in his way. Benjamin any who had a broken arm because when he started running a towards safety, he tripped on his way up the stairs, rolling down in the process before landing incorrectly.

Tanner, on the other hand, did come out on the news like he said. He had been interviewed for the experience of being inside the school, and what had happened. Anyways, Eliazer and I were going to his apartment to meet Jared. He had stated that it was an emergency and needed to tell us pronto.

"Where are you going? The elevators are right here." I stated, pointing at the sign in front of me. Eliazer made a sour look, before looking back at the stairs. He shook his head, standing on the same spot.

"C'mon, it'll make things faster, the stairs take too long," I said, grabbing his bicep before pulling him along. "And my legs hurt."

The elevator doors opened, and we stepped in. Eliazer stood in the corner, one of his hands gripping the railing while he clenched his jaw. I stood in the middle of the elevator, calm as ever until the lights started flickering. The elevator started shaking, and I started to get cautious. Eliazer, on the other hand, slid down in his corner, cradling his head.

The lights flickered on and off, and that's when I noticed he was crying. I ran, pushing the emergency button profusely, the ringing sound echoing. I ran to Eliazer, squatting down.

"Make it stop!" He yelled, teared eyed. He hugged me, gripping on to me like life.

"Make it stop..." Eliazer chanted over and over. By then, I felt like crying, I was in a panic and didn't know what to do. Eliazer started yelling and screaming, making me shake as he was right next to me. I hugged him, his head on my chest as his arms went around my waist. A tear leaked out of my eye, the elevator looked possessed. Shaking and moving while the lights were flickering.

Scariest shit.

At some point, it stopped, and the lights went back to normal. The elevator doors opened, revealing the hallway of Eliazer's apartment. He grabbed my forearm, dragging me out and slamming us on a wall. I looked at him, and he looked scared as shit. Eliazer's hair was messed up, and his face had his tears smeared everywhere.

"We don't have to go on an elevator ever again," I suggested. He ignored me, wiping his face with the bottom of his shirt.

"Don't tell anyone." He said, looking at me straight in the eye before walking off.

~

"Alright, I'm really sorry about this Eliazer," Jared said, pointing at his black eye.

"What the fuck happened," Eliazer asked in a deadly tone as we entered his apartment.

"Oh, some stuff here and there, Ya know," Jared replied, trying to play it off. "Somebody tried whooping my ass, as you can see."

"How'd that happen?" I asked, taking a bag of frozen peas out the freezer.

"Well, some idiots thought they could mug me. They were like, what? Twelve years old?" He said, taking the bag from me. "All three of them got to me like leeches."

"Then what?" I asked, smiling a bit.

"Then they tried to beat me up, turds didn't even get what they wanted! Gave me a good blow in the eye though," he replied, carefully placing the bag above his eye.