Chapter 1 Artemis

I lift the binoculars to my eyes and watch as the man I've been following for hours gets out of his car and enters a building. Alone. I set the binoculars down and back up from the edge of the roof. Carefully pulling a thin arrow from my quiver I aimed at a window and fired. I place my bow on the line and slide across the gap between the buildings, crashing through the window. Two security guards standing in front of a set of doors start firing at me. I slam my bow against one of them, knocking him unconscious, then I kick away his gun. I punch the second one, then sweep his legs out from under him, I pull a tranq arrow from my quiver and drive it into his chest. I kick open the doors as I reach for an arrow.

"You, close the case and move away from the table." I order pointing my arrow at one of the men in suits. As one of the two men in suits looks at me, I pull the string of my bow back.

"Now!" I say, releasing the arrow, sending it flying into one of the men, knocking him down. I ready another arrow. Suddenly, I hear gunfire. I duck as a leg kicks where my head had been. I look up and my breath catches in my throat.

"Green Arrow." I say. He points a green-tipped arrow at me.

"Who are you?" He asks.

"You'll know soon enough." I say, smiling. I turn and fire my arrow.

"Wait! Stop!" I run and jump through the window. I roll across the rooftop of the nearest building. I push myself up and look at how far I fell. I feel blood run down my arm, and pull a shard of glass out of my arm. I hear footsteps and look over my shoulder.

"I'm not going to hurt you." Green Arrow says. I reach for my bow, but he kicks it away. I go to stand, but Green Arrow aims an arrow at me. I lift my hands over my head.

"You got me." I say as I stand up and turn around. Green Arrow looks at me, then reaches for a pair of handcuffs. I place my wrists together and hold them out.

"You seem oddly okay with being under arrest." He says. I smile.

"Who said anything about being under arrest?" I ask. I turn my wrist and fire a volley of mini arrows at Green Arrow. He pulls one of the arrows from his arm. I grab my bow.

"What? How did-?" He starts. I hold my arm up.

"Cross-bow built into the cuffs. You're not the only one with cool tech." I say. I glance over my shoulder and see a helicopter passing by. I pull out an arrow and fire it, then grab ahold of the cord trailing behind.

"See you around Greenie!" I call behind me as an arrows zips past me and lands on the helicopter, right next to mine. I see the cord attached to it and look down and see Green Arrow pulling himself up the line towards me.

"I admire your persistence, but we must continue this another day." I say as I pull a knife out and cut Green Arrows line. I watch as he falls till I can't see him anymore, then I cut my line as the helicopter passes over a building. I roll to my feet, then pull a flash-drive out of my pocket. I pull the mask off my face and wipe the sweat away from my eyes.

"Ow." I say. I look at the still bleeding gash on my arm, the bits of glass glinting when they catch the light. I shove the drive back into my pocket and head for the stairs.