Preface

Preface: Summoned

I am being summoned.

                                                                    ~*~

                                          King Alexander II and Queen Sofia I

                                                   Request your presence

                                           To an honored tradition of our kind

                              The Unmated Ball in Honor of our son, Prince Robert

                      On Friday, the eleventh day of May at eight o'clock in the evening

                                                                  ~*~

I gulp as a reread the letter again and again, the cream paper becoming heavier in my hand as I sit there on my purple covered bed. Why was I being summoned, I am a freak! I have one of those weird genetic traits that sometimes appear in families, kind of like webbed feet. No one can see that, but mine, everyone can. My eyes are clouded red, like blood. I tried to wear contacts, but there is something about our werewolf systems that dissolve them.

"Iris" my mother's voice meet my ears as my bedroom door opens to reveal my beautiful mother. My mother is tall and slim with golden blond hair and a heart shaped face, her eyes crystal blue and she has high cheek bone. She looks like a model, like most female werewolves. "Iris, darling I've brought you something" She flashes me her beautiful pearly white teeth.

"What?" I turn around narrowing my blood red eyes as I spot a black clothing bag in her right hand and a white box in the other.

"A dress" she smiles again.

"What for, Mum?" I snap not liking where this is going.

"For the Unmated Ball"

"I'm not going" I state in a matter-of- fact kind of way.

"Yes, you are! You have no choice, you have been summoned" She said staring down at me. I sigh deeply, running my hand through my golden hair.

"Fine" I snap. The Unmated Ball is a ball that only happens  every one generation. The next heir to the throne needs a mate, so the Royals summon every unmated female to their palace so they can choose out of all the people there. It is just like a beauty pageant where every girl there wants to be picked as the winner! "But it's  stupid and I don't want to go" I huff crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh, hush! You'll enjoy it and you never know, you might get picked" she winks at me placing the clothing bag and box on my bed before sitting next to me. " I know it's a few days away so I picked out a dress for you."

I gulp dreading to see what is in that black bag. For some reason I feel like it is my body bag.

"Ready to see your dress?" She smiles excitedly at me as she hangs the bag up on my wardrobe before slowing unzipping the bag. She pulled the bag off and there, was a black floor length dress. It was quite simple with hardly any detail what so ever apart from the skirt being made from lace. The top was strapless and made from silk; it was a simple A-line dress. I smile drinking in the dress with my eyes.