Chapter 3

That same day at night, Sakura sat on her bed deep in her thoughts. She was crying. Suddenly she stood up and brushed her tears away and shook her head.

"...I shouldn't dwell on this...I haven't even been eating...or sleeping..." thought Sakura.

She opened her door and locked it before she walked towards Ichiraku ramen. "What if the others are their...no...it doesn't matter...they don't know that I heard their ...conversation."

Sakura pushed aside the sign of Ichiraku ramen and sighed in relief when she noticed that it was empty. She sat down on one of the stools and waited for either Teuchi or Ayame to come and take her order. After 5 minutes Teuchi came out and she looked up at him and smiled, "One miso ramen please."

Teuchi looked at her coldly and went to put some ramen in a bowl. Sakura was confused as Teuchi was normally very kind. She sat their thinking but was snapped out of her thoughts by Teuchi banging her bowl of ramen in front of her. Sakura looked up at him confused and asked politely, "If I may ask, is something wrong?"

Teuchi glared at her and said, "We heard about how you're weak and jeopardize missions succeeding," Sakura's eyes widened, "You shouldn't be a ninja if you're weak. We all rely on ninjas to keep us safe by doing missions. If you jeopardize the chance of a mission succeeding, you put us in more danger. You're weak and shouldn't be a shinobi" Teuchi shouted the last part.

Sakura looked down at her ramen but she pushed it away and placed some money on the counter before leaving silently and quickly.

Sakura clutched her chest again.

Sakura looked around to see where she was. It was dark now and she was at the training grounds. She took some kunai out and began throwing them at trees. When she had thrown all her kunai she walked over to the tree and tried to pull out all the kunai. Tears blurred her vision and leaked from her eyes. "...They are making the pain worse...they don't know anything..."

She tried pulling the kunai again and the wood around it splintered and cut both her wrists. She looked down at her wrists to see multiple cuts on both. She picked up her kunai and walked home.

When she reached her house she walked into the kitchen and looked at some food. She shook her head and turned away from the food. She couldn't eat.

Sakura's despair seemed beyond tears. "I...I placed my trust in them...and...and it caused nothing but...pain..."

Sakura shook her head walked towards her bookshelf. She had quite a lot of books. She slipped the one she was looking for out. It was a book on medical ninjutsu. Sakura had always been interested in medical ninjutsu as she knew she had good chakra control. She was even going to ask Tsunade to train her...before what happened.

She placed the book on her bed and came back holding some bandages. She opened the book and read some of it before placing it back down and putting her hands to her bloody wrists. After a while some green chakra appeared and Sakura was impressed with herself. "...It usually takes a while to reach even this stage..." though Sakura. She began healing her wounds. She couldn't heal them fully as she this was her first time trying to heal something. There were still some markings that she would get rid of when she advanced in healing. She wrapped the bandages around both of her wrists and picked up the medical book. It was a very old one...but the old ones were better than the newer books.

"Maybe I should train in medical ninjutsu...but who should I train with...Tsunade...no, not after what happened...I'll train on my own...in secret and make sure nobody finds out." Though Sakura.

Sakura put the book down and changed to go to bed. She turned to look at the moon, hoping that it would let her fall asleep. She finally fell asleep. In the morning she woke up and looked out the window. She sighed and remembered that she had at least slept last night.

She changed and looked at her bandages. "What if somebody asks how I got them?" thought Sakura but then she pushed the thought out of her head. After locking her door, she began walking towards the Hokage tower because yesterday after...training...Kakashi had asked them to meet there for a mission. She noticed that some of the villagers gave her dirty looks. She felt the pain in her chest begin again and she sped up. When she reached the Hokage's door she knocked and walked inside. She saw that her team was already there. She stood slightly further away from her team.

Tsunade looked at her and said, "Why are your wrists bandaged Sakura?"

Everyone looked at her wrists except Sasuke who just leaned coolly against the wall.

Sakura place her hands behind her back and said, "I...uh...nothing...it's nothing."

Tsunade looked at her a little longer and said, "Team Kakashi, I am going to assign this B-rank mission to you. You are supposed to collect some very important scrolls from the land of Iron. Be careful, it may turn into an A-rank mission if you run into the enemy."

Kakashi nodded and said, "Hai."

The rest of them walked out and Kakashi said, "Meet at the gates in 10 minutes. Go and get your stuff. It's going to be at least 6 days before we come back. Make sure you all wear black."

Kakashi disappeared in purple smoke and Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto ran to their houses to get their stuff and to change.

Sakura reached her house and packed some money as she knew that it would be a while before they came back to Konoha, a few pairs of clothes, an extra cape, food rations, soldier pills, extra weapons and her medical pack. Everything she wore was black and plain with no designs. She wore a black mid-thigh skirt, a long sleeve black shirt that was v-neck and showed some cleavage, a pair of black tights and a pair of black boots that she had swapped with her ninja sandals because they were going to the land of Iron and it snowed there a lot.. Her weapons pack had been swapped for a black one instead of the usual beige coloured one and it was fastened around her waist. Finally she pulled on a black cape and pulled down the hood. What she didn't know was how her clothes fitted her figure perfectly.

Sakura was just about to leave when she saw the medical ninjutsu book that she had been reading. She picked it up and hesitated before she put it in her bag.