Chapter 65 - Don't Leave Me

Playlist:

❶ "Rebellions Are Built on Hope"—Rogue One OST

❷ "Susan Speaks"—The Patriot OST

❸ "Holmes and Elizabeth"—Young Sherlock Holmes OST

⊘ Silence

❶ As they entered sub-light space at Koda Station, Luke traded his position with Tandolleau

❶ As they entered sub-light space at Koda Station, Luke traded his position with Tandolleau. Two hours earlier, right after lift-off, Kalder had applied a tourniquet on Naluma's leg.

Luke hoped the doctors could save her leg. While his cybernetic hand gave him few problems, his stump still transmitted phantom twinges on occasion. He did not want Naluma to deal with that the rest of her life ... if she lived. Get it together, Skywalker. Don't lose hope.

Once in the pilot's seat, he grabbed a headset. After taking a deep breath to calm his nerves, he transmitted, "Koda Station, this is Shuttle Elenium requesting emergency landing with a Code Red Medical Emergency aboard."

"Shuttle Elenium, the landing pattern has been cleared for you. Docking Bay Three."

Luke brought the shuttle in as fast as he dared, landing with a smoothness only another Jedi could duplicate.

A medteam came aboard with a hover stretcher. They pushed everyone out of the way and hooked up two IVs—one of saline and another of blood. Naluma's military wrist tattoo indicated her blood type. They slipped on anti-shock compression trousers and inflated them. The gash above her eye had stopped bleeding soon after take-off, but a thick stack of gauze still covered it. They transferred her to the hover stretcher in one quick movement.

"Kalder, you're in charge. Clean up this mess and stay on the ship. No one leaves, understand?" Luke's eyes squinted as tears threatened to spill.

They all replied in unison, "Yes, Master Skywalker."

Luke pursued the med team, catching up to them before they moved Naluma into the emergency room

A meddroid intercepted him. "Visitors must wait out here, sir," it said in its mechanical voice.