Chapter Three

This lovely Psycho Billionaire trailer done by @erostropical

***

I returned to work two days later and explained to the restaurant manager my injuries. Jeff was shocked and was polite enough to ask me if I still wanted a few days off. I declined his offer because I needed the extra money I made through tips. Since my dress was torn, I had to wear my red one, which was even more daring. Jeff also informed me that a tall, handsome man had come to the restaurant one night and asked about me. My heart did a quick somersault since I knew who it was.

When Kathy found out what had happened, she enveloped me in a hug and apologized for leaving Diego and me alone that night. She seemed genuinely embarrassed, and I didn't want to make her feel any guiltier.So, I told her it wasn't her fault and that she wouldn't have known something like that would happen.

"Kiara, can you take the order for table number five?" Diego asked me, his hands full with serving plates.

"Sure thing," I said, picking up the iPad. I glanced at the table and was shocked to see who it was:

Jasper.

I stood glued to the spot near the kitchen area, drinking him in. Unlike the other day, Jasper was dressed in casuals—dark navy polo t-shirt over khaki trousers—with a five o'clock shadow on his jaw. He looked otherworldly, totally impeccable. He was looking around, and then he called Kathy. I saw him speak to her. She nodded her head and made her way towards me.

Kathy was grinning by the time she walked into the kitchen and grasped my hand. "Who's that hot guy? And how does he know your name?"

I could feel my cheeks catching fire. "He's the man who saved me that day," I said proudly.

"He's so gorgeous, Kiara. He's too damn perfect!" I could already feel her mouth drooling. "And he's asking for you. Don't waste your time standing here and just go." She literally pushed me towards the floor.

I stumbled and walked into the dining area. Jasper noticed me at once and passed me his infectious smile.

"Welcome back, sir." I greeted him. "Would you like to order something?"

He chuckled. "That's the thing, Kiara Reeves, I'm not here to order anything. In fact, I'm far from hungry. I just want to talk to you." He placed his elbow on the table.

He wanted to talk to me?

Before I could answer that question, he asked, "What time do you get off work?"

"About an hour from now," I answered.

Jasper nodded and flipped open the menu card. "I'll wait. And while I wait, I'll order for some Chow Mein."

True to his words, he waited. I noticed his electrifying blue eyes watching me, unabashed. It wasn't the first time I'd caught a man staring; I had experienced that a lot of times, but I could distinguish between lustful let-me-fuck-you-for-one-night looks and stares that were plainly looking at me with admiring eyes. His seemed to fall into the latter category. From behind the kitchen counter, I watched him eat the noodles with chopsticks. His hands looked beautiful, long-fingered and graceful. I could imagine what those hands could do to—

Snap out of it, Kiara. Since when did you start acting like a hormonal teenager?

Besides, to have Jasper's hands over me, would be like a dream come true; a man as perfect and sophisticated as him would not date women like me. Women like me only got men like my father.

Drunk. Wasted. Women beaters.

The thought made me melancholic. When I was done with my shift for the day, I noticed Jasper wasn't seated in the booth anymore. I realized he'd gotten bored of waiting and had left eventually, leaving behind a good amount of tip for me. My heart sank with disappointment. I wanted to talk to him. I hadn't even gotten the opportunity to thank him properly when he'd gone out of his way to visit this restaurant just to make sure I was alright.