Chapter Twenty-Four

UNEDITED

---(Name This Line?)---

For the past month, Theo had been gathering allies for battle against the Blood Moon pack. He was currently in a meeting with the Alpha of the Dream shade pack, the last pack he needed to get on his side. "Mmm, I don't know, Theodore. The Blood Moon are strong... ruthless in fact," Alpha Dave knitted his eyebrows as he thought about it.

"Please, Dave, we need to do this. All of us," Theo perched on the edge of his seat, "it's about time to take him down. He should not, cannot, be allowed to go around pack to pack, terrorising them. Killing them."

"That, I agree."

"Then join me, Dave. It's time we stood together and took him down. Blood Alpha or not, he cannot be allowed to continue!" Theo argued.

"But I have to think of the life of my men. Do we, all of the packs we've allied, have the numbers to take down the Blood Moon?" Dave asked - he didn't want to join a war he had no chance of winning.

"Yes! Your men make up the rest of the numbers. It'll be 3 of us to one of them." Theo grinned, he felt optimistic. He was finally about to get enough packs to form an army that would match Xavier's.

"Alright, I'm in." They shook hands.

"Thank you so much, Dave," They stood up and gave each other a man hug, "we're going to win." Theo grinned widely.

"You and I go way back, Theodore. If I didn't bring warriors, I would have still personally fought beside you," Dave nodded as he did a secret handshake with one of his best friends. "I know we got this." He smiled as he led Theo to the front door. Theo didn't have any need to bring a small group with him. "I'll see you soon."

"See you soon," Theo smiled as he waved Dave goodbye. He smirked as he entered the woods to head home. He finally had enough packs to defeat the Blood Moon pack, "I'm coming for you... Brother."

~

Candy walked back to Xavier's house, which she learnt it was connected to The Bunker. She thought it was sick and twisted, but she didn't but anything passed Xavier. She rubbed her stomach as walked into the house. As she walked passed the kitchen, she heard loud cheery voices. She stopped when she heard Sophie's voice, "yeah! The pregnancy is going so well! I'm barely showing, but I'm defiantly started to get podgy."

"Wow! I'm so jealous! You having the Alpha's baby! The future Alpha! You must be a proud mother already," a second voice chirped.

"I know! Xavier doesn't show it, but I know he's excited for the baby," they giggled.

"He's going to make such a good daddy!"

"Yeah, I know! I can't wait to go baby shopping! Xavier's started preparations for the nursery. Oh my moon goddess, you should see it. My babies are going to grow up in such a beautiful place!"

"Aww, I never took Xavier as the 'do-it-yourself' type. I can picture him painting the nursery walls while you're bloated," the second voice sighed dreamily, "Gosh, you're so lucky, Sophie!"

"I know," there was a pause. Candy couldn't make out any noises. Her dose of wolfsbane had been lowered since it might cause problems for the baby and their wolf. But with hormones and her pregnancy, her senses had been playing up. "Well look what the wolf dragged in," she heard a voice behind her. She turned around to see Sophie and one of her minions standing there.

"Sophie," she started as they began to advance on her, cornering her in a dead end in the corridor. Candy sighed when her back hit the wall. She was trapped.

"What were you up to?" She snapped.

"Nothing, honestly. I was just passing by," Candy attempted to push passed her.

"Oh, no you don't," Sophie pushed her back against the wall. "Do you know what Xavier would do to you if he found out? You should be begging me on your knees not to tell him."

"Who is she?" Sophie's minion scoffed, "why does Alpha Xavier let such filth knock around his house?"

"Um," Sophie was stumped. She didn't know what to say. Candy either, and it would be her to get punished if anyone found out why she was really here.

"She's a nanny. Just a lifeline if anything should happen to Sophie after the birth," Xavier interrupts from behind them. He looked livid, his eyes almost a deep shade of red. In fear, Candy naturally shrunk. It was no secret that her mate scared her, and only in moments of rage did she have the guts to stand up to him, "and right now, she's in trouble."

Shit. Candy thought as Xavier grabbed her arm in a vice-like grip - a grip Candy knew would bruise her. As he dragged her down the corridor, Candy could see a smirking Sophie twiddling her fingers in a sarcastic wave. Xavier opened the door to his office and pull her in. He slammed the door shut and locked it, so no one would disturb him. As Candy's arm started to bruise, Xavier released her. "Xavier-" she started.

"Shut up," he snapped, "I gave you freedom to roam the pack at your own will, and you abuse it!"

"Xavier, I-"

"How dare you attack two if my highest and best guards," he seethed as he slammed his fist on his desk.

"What?" Now Candy was confused, "I have anything of the sort!"

"Don't fucking lie!" He shouted, "the guard's description matches yours exactly!"

"I didn't!"

"Bull shit! I should've known better than to give you freedom!" He paused to try and compose himself, "I'm going to ask you one more time... Tell me the fucking truth, little mate."

"Does it really matter what I tell you?" Candy gritted her teeth, "you're not going to believe me!" She started to get angry, "and why's that? Because my word is nothing!" Tears threatened to spill as she whispered, "I am nothing." Outraged at her manner, Xavier raised his hand to hit her. On instinct, Candy flinched and her tears gushed out. Feeling heavy from her sorrows, Candy sank to the floor, digging her knees into the floor before he hit her. His hand was still raised, though. She choked on her sobs as she built up words."You treat me so cruelly, it's not fair. It breaks my heart every time and it hurts, so, so, much." Candy cried.

Xavier watched as her body shook. He sighed before retreating his hand and stuffing it in his pocket. No way could this girl have attacked his men, even if she matched the description perfectly. "Leave," Xavier almost whispered.

"What?"

"Leave," his voice raised slightly, "go back to your cell. I don't want to hear your pathetic whining or see your ugly face."

---

Whelp, it's almost Halloween! Yas, boo, yaaassssss!

Shortish chapter... sorry not sorry. Hope you enjoyed. Again... wrote it on my phone! I think I'm getting into it.

Toodles!

Don't forget to vote!

Please follow!

Popcorn