Thirteen- Talk Me Down

Today is Wednesday which means tomorrow is Thursday which means that it's my eighteenth birthday tomorrow! Tonight however is the Troye Sivan concert! All of us girls are super excited and can't wait to go. But we have school before anything.

This week has been pretty hectic. After all the girls left on Sunday after our sleepover, Lauren and I started talking about what we would move from her house to mine first. She doesn't need to bring her bed or anything since we already have one in the guest bedroom which would now become Lauren's room. I had already started bringing a couple boxes of Lauren's things to my house. We wanted to get her stuff moved as quickly as possible so she could start settling in and not have to worry about it during our final exams which are in a month. Lauren had even spent Monday night at my house in her new room so she could start getting used to it.

Today however, she stayed at her house. I actually had to pick her up this morning. I had to pick all the girls up this morning. Basically what's going to happen is that we're all going to school in my car, then after school we'll all go to my house and then I'll be driving to the Entertainment Centre where Troye is performing tonight.

I had to pick up Lauren first, since she was closest to where I lived, then Elena, Bianca and Maddi last. I drove to Lauren's house once it was time to go to school and waited out the front for her.

"Hey Chlo!" She said happily as she got in the car.

"Hey Laur. How are you this fine morning?" I asked.

"I'm okay. I'm excited for tonight." Lauren smiled. It was one of the first genuine smiles I had seen from her in what felt like forever.

"Me too! I can't wait." I agreed. 

"Before we go pick up the other girls, I want to give you something," Lauren said, grabbing a small box from her bag. "I know your birthday is tomorrow but I wanted to give you the first part of your gift now."

"Lauren, I told all of you not to buy me anything." I had told the girls not to get me anything because I honestly didn't need anything. The fact I had them in my life was enough.

"I know but you didn't think we would actually listen to that right?" Lauren laughed.

"Still. I didn't want you guys to get me anything." I frowned slightly.

"Shut up and take the damn gift." Lauren laughed.

"Thank you." I chuckled as she handed me the box.

I opened the box and inside was a silver necklace with a four leaf clover pendant. It nearly made me cry as soon as I laid my eyes on it.

"How did you..." I said, breath shaky.

"I remembered about two months ago you, we were having one of our movie nights and you were really upset because you missed Jackson. You were telling us about how you guys used to go out and find the four leaf clovers and then he had sent you a picture of him with a four leaf clover that night and it really made you miss him and you felt really disconnected to him. I saw this at the shops one day and I thought of that night and how it might remind you of him when you missed him," Lauren said. Then she grabbed another box of the same size out of her bag. "I also got another one, so you can give it to Jackson. I remember him always wearing his feather necklace that you got him and I thought you could give this one to him as well so you're both with each other at all times. I know he misses you just as much as you miss him."

I leaned across the car and gave Lauren a huge hug as tears fell from my eyes.

"Thank you Laur, that's so thoughtful. I love it so much and I can't wait to give Jackson his." I said.