Chapter 32: Warrior Ceremony

Chapter 32

Warrior Ceremony 

I couldn’t help but smile as Tobias secured the door to our finished home. He turned around and folded his arms with a smirk on his face. Running over to him, I throw my arms around his neck.

“I love it. Thank you so much for building it for us.”

“Well you need a proper home,” he cleared his throat. “Can’t make you live in that tent forever.”

Hearing footsteps, I looked over my shoulder to see Cavan walking down the boardwalk.

“You finished.”

Tobias kissed my head. “Yep, Raja ready to move in already.”

“Well, we’re leaving for the hunt. I can tell Azuka you won’t be coming.”

“I don’t feel like listening to that pain in the ass complain for the next week.” The general gave me a hug. “I’ll be quick.” He flicked my chin. 

I smiled. “Kay. I’ll start packing and stuff.”

He nodded and left with Cavan. Fours months had passed since we arrive here. Tobias was still the demon, but it was more of a nickname instead of an insult. After the bear attack, the general had prove himself in the eyes of my tribesman. It also helped the tribe now had an over abundance of food and if someone needed a little muscle, Tobias would take care of it. The elders still thought he was a devil, just one with a conscious.

Wandering back to the tent, I gathered up the bags I had packed the day before. We didn’t have much so moving wasn’t going to take long. I was really excited to finally have some space as much as I loved living around Tobias’s filth.

I dropped everything outside the door and carefully pressed my hand the wood. It was the first time I had touched it. We could finally be a family, or a couple. Tobias wasn’t allow to get a wife. I made it clear a few weeks early when he was teasing me that I break my pledge and let Azuka cut his head off if he even thought about it. 

Slowly pushing open the door, I pocked my head inside. A fire place sat in the middle made from stone, and a platform was made near the wall was clearly our bed. I grabbed our things and took them inside. I spun around the open space. It was everything I had dream about. I finally had a home and a lover to share it with.

***

The door opened and I smiled at Tobias as he entered. I had just finished making the bed. I went over to him. He pulled me into his arm. “So do you mind telling me what this warrior ceremony thing is?”

I stepped back. “You made your home. The village is just celebrating you coming into manhood and starting a family.”

“Manhood?” He raised an eyebrow. “Serious?” He let out a sigh. “Don’t know how I feel about that.”

I laughed. “Don’t worry. It’s not a coming of age. The tribe will just have a party of sorts tonight.”

“Party,” he smiled. “I can do a party.” Walking over to the bed, he fell down on top of it. “What about you Raja?”

I went to him and sat down on the corner. “What about?”

“Are we going to celebrate me coming into manhood,” he gave me a cocky grin.

I shrugged. “Probably not.”

“You little brat.” He snatched my wrist and yanked me over. “After all the work I put into building you a house.”