Twelve- Spongebob

After a long night with an emotional Lauren, I still hadn't found out why she was being kicked out. But at this point in time it didn't matter. I'm sure that as soon as she's ready to talk about it she will. Lauren had asked me not to tell the other girls when they come over tonight. I didn't ask why, instead I just agreed. I assumed it would be something to do with not wanting to be bombarded with questions.

Lauren ended up passing out at some point in the early hours of the morning, cuddled up to me, refusing to let go. I didn't get to sleep as much though. Instead I was kept awake with my thoughts as I looked down to the beautiful girl asleep in my arms. She looked so peaceful while sleeping, the way her lips where slightly parted as her chest rose and fell with each breath. But even though she looked so beautifully peaceful, I could see her exhaustion. She had tear stained cheeks, dark patches under her eyes and overall it was easy to tell she was worn out.

It made me wonder how long she had been dealing with this on her own. How long had it been since she was told she was being kicked out? How many nights had she cried to herself before she cried to me? It broke my heart seeing Lauren so broken. But broken things can be fixed and I will make it my personal goal to fix Lauren because she doesn't deserve to be broken. She's a priceless piece of art that has been disregarded by its own creator, her own father.

As the sun began to rise and the light of day made its way into Lauren's bedroom I decided I needed to get up and freshen myself up before Lauren woke up. I carefully untangled myself from Lauren, making sure not to wake her from her blissful sleep. Then I walked into the bathroom to splash some cold water on my face. I looked up to the mirror and saw my less than appealing appearance. I decided I needed to shower to look half decent for when the girls come over tonight so I grabbed a spare towel and jumped in the shower. This was a regular thing between our group. No matter who's house we were at, it was like it was our own. You're hungry? Just go look in the fridge. Need a shower? Go for it. Wanna take a nap? Just go sleep in whoever's bed is there. It was normal for us.

After my shower I felt that I looked a little better, minus the bags under my eyes. With just my underwear on and the towel wrapped around my body, I quietly made my way back into Lauren's room so I could grab some clean clothes. Thinking back now, I probably should have done that before I showered. I was as quiet as possible as I grabbed a pair of tracksuit pants and a tank top before heading back into the bathroom to get dressed.

Once I was dressed I went back into Lauren's room to see her still peacefully asleep. However she had rolled over to the side of the bed I was previously laying on.

I grabbed my phone to send Layla a text to let her know that Lauren would me moving in with us and that I'd give her a full explanation at a later time. I then checked the time and realised that it was still extremely early and there's no doubt Lauren would be asleep for at least another two hours.

I decided that I would go buy us some breakfast from her favourite bakery to cheer her up. I chucked on a jumper and a pair of shoes, not caring about my appearance and then quietly left the house, locking up on my way out. I was thankful for Lauren's parents being away on another business trip. I don't think I'd be able to look at them with out getting angry. I got into my car, driving to the bakery and buying a blueberry muffin and a raspberry-White chocolate muffin, Lauren's favourites. Then I went to the next door cafe and bought a cafe-latte for Lauren. Then I headed back to Lauren's house.

When I got back to Lauren's I walked inside to her room and through the door I could hear the faint sound of sobbing. I quickly opened the door to see Lauren crying on the end of her bed.

"Laur, shh," I quickly put down the food and drink down before rushing over to her. "Hey, it's okay. You're okay."

"Chlo... I-I thought you left..." Lauren breathed shakily.