Witch, Wizard, and Zabrak

"I will have order!"
The voice had a commanding tone, with a small break between each word. The short woman with mousey brown hair and a lurid pink jumper looked alarmed at something. That something had stopped at her command. An imposing figure in a black robe with its hood down looked upon her with a manic gleam in his eye. Though the woman now looked even more alarmed, she stayed where she stood. It was obvious she was trying to control her fear of this thing.
Turning his red and black tattooed face to look her in the eye, he exclaimed "No. I don't think you will."
"Let us start with who you are," the female said, trying to keep command of the situation.
"It doesn't matter," the other replied dismissively.
"I think you'll find it will," the female said in a sweetened tone. "If you are here then you must be at this school."
She was a teacher here. Professor Umbridge. Recently appointed by the Minister For Magic when it became clear Dumbledore had failed, she had arrived this yesterday and had been taking in a tour of the school with the headmaster, who seemed to show a little annoyance about the arrangement.
Now she was wondering on her own after breakfast, and had run into this person. It was clear he was not a part of the staff, and he seemed to be looking for something.
"That's what you think," the robed man replied. "I am by far more powerful than anything your magic can conjure up."
"Is- Is that so?" Umbridge asked, now feeling quite a bit more intimidated. Her voice had gone back to its more commanding tone.
"The Force is a powerful ally."
"If that is the case," Umbridge said, drawing out her wand. "We shall see."
A quick cast of a spell didn't even reach the figure. With nothing but a hand it managed to stop the red sparks in mid-air, then a close of his hand fizzled the sparks out. As an extra thought, the wand was pulled from Umbridge's grip and snapped in half, then handed back to her. All of this, and aside from his hand, the figure hadn't moved.
"I- I- You-" Umbridge fumbled over words before breathing out and regaining calm. "We will try this again. You will tell me who you are."
"And I said it doesn't matter. I am here for conquest." The voice was silky smooth, and spoke the words as though merely ordering a drink at a wine bar.
"Con- Conquest? Just you? How could you possibly take this school over by yourself?"
"You've just seen what I am capable of," the figure said. "And I am far from alone."
"What do you mean?"
"Up in the sky are battleships ready to reduce this castle to rubble if I don't get what I want."
"And precisely what is it that you want?"
"The students of this school will make excellent dark side students, used by me to take over the galaxy that has been robbed from me."
Footsteps were heard and a second figure halted beside Umbridge. The pallid face and hooked nose of Snape asked "Is there anything I can assist with?"
"Ah, yes. Snape," Umbridge said, regaining composure upon realising she had backup. "I need you to get as many Aurors here as possible. Call the Minister."
"And-" Snape was about to ask.
"May I ask why?" Dumbledore's smooth voice finished.
"Ah. Dumbledore." Umbridge was surprised at the headmasters arrival, though grateful for all the help she could get. "This thing here is spouting nonsense. Something to do with conquest and reducing this school to rubble."
"Is that so?" Dumbledore inquired in a grave voice.
"I have already made my view quite plain."
"That he did," Umbridge pouted. "He stopped one of my spells using nothing, then destroyed my wand using the exact same thing."
"You must be extremely powerful to have done that," Dumbledore said to the robed man. "Might I ask your name?"
"Maul," is all the robed man offered.
"And you speak of conquest and destruction... Surely you must be a Death Eater."
Umbridge gave a petrified whisper of "They are not back!" at the same time Maul replied "I neither care nor want to know what they are."
"Death Eaters are the followers of Lord Voldemort. He returned in June and-"
"He is not back!" Umbridge's frustrated growl cut across Dumbledore's speech. Maul's grin widened at the argument he was sure was to break.
Dumbledore's reply was reasoned and calm. "All evidence points toward it, as I showed Cornelius last June." He shifted slightly to block Umbridge from his side, then asked Maul "What exactly is the purpose of your mission?"
"Why does that matter? I tire of this conversation. Now tell me where the students are." Maul's grin was now replaced with a determined expression, with a slight manic gleam in his eyes.
"Civility can stop many wars. I only wished to know why you have come here. As for the students, they are not here. Term has not started yet, though if you wish to wait for them to arrive, which should be a matter of hours, I will not stop you. However, in those few hours - perhaps even less - Ministry wizards will be here who will stop at nothing to drive you from this country."
Snape walked off to the nearest room at this point, to give the impression this was no simple bluff, but also to be within listening distance in case the Ministry really was needed.
"You cannot get past the forces I have at my command," Maul growled.
"Perhaps not me alone. But surely five hundred wizards and witches will be able to stop you and destroy any forces you may have at your disposal. And I am sure if the students arrive, they might also help us."
"I do not wish to return to my universe empty handed."
"By all means, travel this planet. We are not the only school in this world, just like this country is not the only one with wizards. And if it is a fight you want, there are places better than this one to seek that."
Dumbledore stood watching as Maul made a decision. It took a minute, but Maul turned tail and ran. At the exit of the corridor, he turned back and roared "If I find you have lied, I will be back."
"And a fight it will have to be," Dumbledore sombrely said as Maul left.
It took five seconds for Umbridge to start up again. "You did it Dumbledore. You drove that thing out of here! I would question whether it was right to lead him elsewhere though."
Dumbledore turned to face her, regarding her with a small smile. "I didn't lead him anywhere though. It was only a suggestion that he look elsewhere, not clear directions of where to go." Walking to the nearest window, he looked out and up to the sky. Sighing, he turned his back to it. "He also wasn't lying about being alone. I have a feeling had it come to a fight, we might not be able to face so many unknowns."
"Remember, Dumbledore, that you helped me out of this. A bit of cooperation with me and the ministry would be welcomed."
"I only did it so that the students would not see Hogwarts as defenceless. I also do not think it would have been a welcome sight for the students to arrive in the middle of a war zone, especially if some of the participants were dead."
"I agree with the headmaster on this," Snape said, returning from the room he had retreated to. "However, the plan could have gone wrong."
"If we would have put up an aggressive fight, he would probably have stopped at nothing to capture us all. He was looking for a show of strength. A willingness to fight. That we showed him neither made him rethink. Made it look as though we were not the best candidates for him to capture."
"But if-"
"I will have no more on the matter," Dumbledore put enough firmness in his voice to make Snape drop the subject. "Now, I believe it is nearly time for lunch. Let us head down to the Great Hall. Dolores, if you give me your wand I will have a look at it later, but for now I think it is time for you to meet some more of the staff."
As the three professors walked down to the Great Hall, in the sky above the school a spacecraft made its way to one of the battleships that waited. Once inside, those battleships retreated up to the atmosphere. Headed for the openness of space.