Chapter 9 (Stitch him up)

Start from the beginning

“What?!” I exclaimed, “What do you mean by ‘he only has a few days left?’”

“Look at his forehead,” Finn said as he pointed at the faint white star-shaped mark on Tyler’s head. “Michael used demon bullets to shoot him, those are the worst, designed to kill while the other weapons are only designed to harm. Take these and give him one every two-hours. They would slow him down so I would have more time to travel. If I can get here in time, he would have a chance to live. Remember, if you miss one or give it to him late, even god can’t even save him. He won’t even wake until he gets the proper meds.” Finn said as he handed me some black colored pills in a zip-lock bag. “These are designed for half-breeds.”

I took the pills and looked closely at Tyler’s forehead; there was a faint outline of a star. I brushed some hair away from his face and pit the bag of pills in my pocket.

“Before I go, we have to take him to the hotel across the street; he might get infected here.”Finn added.

Finn carried Tyler to the hotel across from ‘red stilettos’.

“How can I help?” asked the receptionist.

“Can I get a deluxe suit for a week?” asked Finn.

The receptionist glanced at Tyler uneasily. Finn was still holding him upright.

“Is he okay?” asked the receptionist.

“He’s fine. He’s just….drunk.” Finn lied.

The receptionist typed something into the computer. “Deluxe suite for a week. That’ll be $2450.”

Finn opened his wallet and handed the receptionist his credit card. The receptionist walked to the back room and came back with his card and a little folder with room cards. “Suite 906, go up to the ninth floor and turn left.”

Finn thanked him and dragged Tyler in the elevator. I pressed the up button and stared at the increasing numbers on the small screen. None of us had anything to say. The door opened and we found suite 906. Finn unlocked the door and carried Tyler to one of the bedrooms. I looked around the room, the suite was big and it had a kitchen, a living room with a huge flat-screen Tv, there were two bedrooms and each with an independent bathroom in them. I went in the room where Finn dropped Tyler on the bed. I saw his giving Tyler a black pill from his pocket. “He doesn’t need to swallow it, all you have to do is to let it melt in his mouth.” Finn looked at me and said.

I nodded and sat on the king-sized bed with Tyler.

“Take care of him, I have to go now,” Finn said briskly and hurried out of the suite. Before he left, he took the ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign and hanged it on the door knob outside. With a single thud, he closed the door and left.

] signed heavily and left Tyler alone. I set my watch for an hour and 50 minutes so I can give Tyler the medicine on time. I walked to the living room and opened the TV. It was playing this crime solving show. I sat on the sofa and leaned on the pillows. It was about 8 at night and I drifted to sleep. I’ve had a long day…..

It wasn’t long when my watch woke me up. I got up immediately and started to Tyler’s room. I opened the bag of pills and took one out. I fed him the pill and made sure it’s melting. He was sweating so I pulled a facial towel off the racks in the bathroom to wipe his face and back….

I barely slept through the whole night taking care of him. I checked his white star almost every 5 minutes and noticed that it’s getting clearer. The meds are definitely slowing him down but he was still dying. Finn never called or came back, I guess he’s busy.

It was about 4 in the morning when I heard Tyler grumble. I was sitting right beside him leaning on the bed frame studying his star. I quickly used a hot towel to pat his forehead and prepared another pill to give him. Tyler suddenly he grabbed me by my sleeve. “Please don’t, don’t leave.” He whispered with his eyes closed.

I stared at him in surprise, didn’t Finn say that Tyler can never wake until he gets the angel meds? I was about to decide it was just my hallucination when Tyler whispered again: “don’t leave.”

I took Tyler’s hand and squeezed it, “I’m not leaving” I told him.

He opened his eyes and blinked to the strong light in the room. I quickly turned a few lights off to make it easier to adjust. I sat crossed-legged on the bed and put his head in my lap. He looked at me and asked: “What is this place? Bianca, are you okay?”

“We are at a hotel near the club, you got hurt and we took you here to heal.” I answered in an unsteady voice. I didn’t want to tell him that he’s dying.

“Oh,” he said, “I remember a fight, it should have been easy for me to win but this person suddenly took out a gun. I didn’t pay attention to it because human weapons can’t hurt me. I was fighting with 3 demons at once and didn’t notice the guy walking behind me. He fired the gun and it hurt, it hurt so much that I just fell on the ground, letting the demons kick me. I finally managed to defend myself and stand up. I got mad and killed the guy with the gun. I never felt that mad before, I literally wanted to destroy everything that was in my way…” He trailed off, remembering the moment.

I wanted him to go back to sleep and get some rest but he suddenly continued talking: “I threw someone in a garbage dumpster and broke someone’s arm. I remember Michael retreating away from me with his 2 followers. I tried to trap them but they used the whole demon disappearing power and left. I think I ended up behind this rock and all the energy and strength suddenly disappeared, I tried to call for help….”

He chatted with me more a few more minutes before he got too tired to talk. He fell asleep in my lap with a smile on his face. He was still proud of himself that he fought to protect his guardian target.

I looked at the star and noticed it suddenly became a lot clearer after Tyler talked to me. I felt tears running down my cheeks and whispered: “Stupid, stupid Tyler, why would you pick a fight with those demons? You could have been perfectly fine if I listened to Michael. You know that the more you fight for me, the more I hate you! I hate it when you get yourself hurt….!”

For 2 days I’ve been taking care of Tyler. He never woke again after that morning. I stayed with him the whole time and only left to use the bathroom. I just stared blankly at his star for 2 days. Finn had given me 116 pills in total, I counted them over and over again when I had nothing to do. I kept one of his hands in my hand the whole time hoping he would feel that someone’s with him. I never got a chance to look closely at his face even though we’ve been best friends ever since I can remember. Now, I got the chance. He and Finn were different. Finn looked hot in a cool casual way while Tyler looked good in a friendly way.

It was the forth day and I still haven’t heard from Finn. I left at least 100 voice mails on his phone but he never called back. I started to worry even more now that the star on Tyler‘s forehead is clearly outlined and the only part left was for the white color to fill in the star. I started giving him 2 pills instead of one every 2 hours but it made no difference.

By the morning of the fifth day, the star was filled with faint white coloring but not as clear as the outline. I paced back and forth in the suite trying to come up with an idea to help Tyler. At night he was sweating a lot, I had to stay by his side the whole time to wipe it.

On the next morning, I heard people knocking on the suite door, I hurried there but it was just the janitor. She asked me if everything is alright and why I didn’t want her to clean the room for 6 days now. I only smiled at her and told her everything was great.

Soon, it was night again. I sat beside Tyler and fed him 2 pills. I was about to sleep when I heard someone knock on the door.

I hurried over and opened the door. It was Finn and his friend. They ran in and went straight to Tyler’s room. They locked themselves in and worked from night to the next morning.