Chapter:7 Part 1

We walk in a single file line with the rest of the people falling in line behind us. I walk behind Cara as she drags on about  things that I don't care about, all I can notice is that we're outside.
Outside the fence.

Before I have time to fully absorb the full image of what's going on around me we all gather into vehicles that I've never even seen or heard of before and I hesitate before I shuffle into the backseat of a long black buggy with wheels almost up to my stomach with Uriah, Tobias, Peter, Christina, Cara and a tan driver with pale blonde hair.

I still can't believe that I'm here, that we're here.

"...landmarks such as that require daily checkups, do you know why Beatrice ?"

I wake from my revere with a start surprised by the sound of my name from anyone other than Tobias. I blush, unsure of how to tell  I was completely ignoring her boring speech.

She looks back at me smiles then turns again continuing her lecture, sparring me the embarrassment, for now.

I feel hands brush my hip and lips brush my ear.

"It's because of the aspect of a revolution."

I continue to look around at the empty earth around me but I flick my eyes to Tobias' questioningly.

"What?" I ask bemused.

"Well, with the type of government they have here there's bound to be repercussions. I mean how do you explain the giant fence cutting of an entire population, people are gonna want answers not inside and outside the fence."

I look at him, confusion plain on my face, suddenly regretting my decision to ignore Cara. "What government?" I ask.

"A democracy" Tobias tells me, obviously not upset that I completely bypassed the conversation they were all undoubtably having.

I'm about to respond when we come to a jolting stop, I see Cara slowly turn, a small contraption in her hand.

"Precisely, Tobias, we must keep a strict eye on all monuments and buildings and supplies that could effect our project inside the walls. If people come to learn of the outside world or hear rumors from certain rouges then we must neutralize the threat to maintain a thorough and untainted data plot." she flushes for a reason unknown to me and clears her throat, lifting the small device to divert our attention from her reddened complexion .

"Now, after all you've learned today, which is not much, this will seem very sudden for you. I know that you five you won't take it as lightly as the rest but, this here will be your life line behind the fence." she clicks a button and a bright white light seems to flash all around though I can see that it came from the thing in her hand.

"Now everyone get out of the car" I hear Cara tell us. I'm blinded temporarily and it takes a moment for my eyes to adjust from the artificial light to the yellow tint of the sun over the horizon.

When they do adjust I look around to see the point of what she did and notice nothing at first, then I see the numbers clearly marked along the chests of my companion. Peter's reads 2125, Christina's 2123, Cara's 2100, an then I look down at my chest where blue bold numbers read, 2111.

"The numbers you read now display the year you will die, if you live healthy life this then the system is 100% accurate. Some of you such as Uriah, Tobias, and Tris well your numbers are blue compared to our orange, this of corse shows your divergence. Broadcasts it if you will"

I hardly hear her last words. She says the first sentences calmly, clearly stating them as a simple fact.

It's only then that I glance over at Tobias and see his number.

The blue letter read 2060 and my mind runs wild, the year...no, no, no. I feel my self stumble, my back hitting the car that drove us to this place. My words fail to make an appearance as my mouth is open in a silent scream as I think of the year.

The year, now, is 2060

I hear commotion around me as I close my eyes, the bright blue number burns into my eyelids taunting me like a flashing whip. 2060. 2060. 2060.
"Now Tris," Cara touches my shoulder, trying to coax me from my panic, to no avail. "The numbers tick down when it's over. It's my a surprise, it's not a shock that way."
I barley hear her over the rush in my ears. Tobias still stands above me, his body taut with fear. You couldn't tell that he was scared just by looking at him, but I know.

She says it's not a shock, she says that it's no surprise when his numbers will finally stop at :00, but to me this is the most caught off guard that I have been.

We were supposed to finally be safe, but I feel as if I don't even know what that word means anymore. Even if my life is far from over, the only parts of myself that I care about will die with him.

I feel my breathe catch and I forget to breathe, I forget what's happening and finally I black out.

*****sorry it's so short I'm going to update it tommarow!******

Thanks and don't forget to review and comment and vote! I hope you like this and no it's not the real story, just crackpot theories I wish could happen****