CHAPTER 20

CHAPTER 20

**7 months before the wedding day (flashback)**

"Marry me Adam. Please." I asked him as I was holding his hands.

"W-what?" shock is evident on his face.

"Will you marry me?" I said with full of conviction.

"A-are you joking? W-where does that q-question came from?" obviously, he didn't expected the question. Me, myself, don't know where my question came from.

Maybe I'm that desperate to get rid of the "arranged marriage" with Zac. I'm not sure this is a good idea, but with what my dad told me last night, I really can't take it.

===

**last night's conversation (flashback)**

I received a call from Josie telling me to come home because my dad is sick. I immediately went to my dad's house to check on him if he's okay.

"Where's daddy?" I asked Josie as soon as I entered the house.

"He's upstairs, in his work room." she said avoiding eye contact with me.

"In his work room? I thought he's sick." Josie shrugged.

I think, I can smell something in here. Okay, I need to face him not because he's sick, that is if he is. But instead to confront him about this "show". His pretending to be illed for me to hurry going here.

"Okay, I'll go upstairs." Josie just nod.

Now I'm infront of his work room door, My mind is battling, whether to confront him or not. I inhaled deeply before I knock on the door.

"It's open."  I heard my dad's voice coming inside the room. I sigh before I enter.

"Katherine! I'm glad to see again darling." he greeted me smiling with his arms wide open, inviting me to hug him but instead of hugging him, I crossed my arms and tilt my head on my left side.

"What's this 'show' all about, dad?" I asked him with my right brow raised.

"W-what show?" he asked back

"This. Pretending to be sick. You could have told me to visit you, you don't have to say that you're sick."

"B-but... but I know you'll not come." sadness was evident in his tone.

"Dad, the last time you told me to visit you, you didn't even bother to ask me if I'm okay. All you did was to pursuade me about the wedding," I said moving closer to him, "that's why I'm not going here everytime you'll ask me to. Dad, I'm sick and tired of all of this."

"Katherine, you know very well what is at stake in here. Our business will-

"Oh, here we are again. The business. Daddy, I know it! But... h-how..." before I can finish my sentence a tear rolled down my cheek, "how about me, dad? How about my happiness? Your business is not the only one at stake in here, also me dad. Also me!" I said supressing all my tears.

he stand up and walk infront of me, "Whether you like it or not, you'll marry Zac as soon as possible! And that is final! We've already-

He said other thing but wasn't able to hear everything cause I already turned my back at him and walked away

**end of this flashback**

===

"I'm sorry. D-don't mind it." I said as I stand up from the couch and walk towards the kitchen.

I don't want Adam to think that I'm too desperate to get married. Well, he didn't know my situation. That's why I thought he'll think that I'm desperate. 'even if he knows about it, you're still too desperate' yeah, right.

"Katherine," I almost jump because of shock. I wasn't aware that he's near me "I apologize for my reaction. I just don't-

"No, it's okay, Adam. It's my fault. I-I mean, you know, I... urgh! Never mind. Do you want tea?" I busied my self in preparing cup for my tea.

Before I can reach the cup from the cupboard, he pulled my wrist which made me turn to him.

"I do love you, but, don't you think it's too soon to get married?"

I didn't answer. Oh come on, I have my dad's permission to get married. He's even dragging me into it. The only difference is that, he wants me to marry another man.

I just turn my back again and continued doing my tea. I can sense that he's still standing near me. We were both silent.

When I finished in preparing tea I turn again to him. I .just stared at him, don't know what to say. It seems like we're both looking for a good word to say. After a while, sigh heavily.

"I want to know why you want to get married all of a sudden." he said looking into my eyes.