Chapter 12

I woke up the next morning, a pair of strong arms wrapped around my waist. My back was pressed up against what felt like a stone wall. I turned to see Trey, sleeping peacefully beside me. I smiled and realized something.

It was the first time we had slept together.

I leaned in slightly and kissed the tip of his nose. His eyes fluttered open, engulfing me in a sea of different colors. Trey smiled at me.

"Hi," he whispered, reaching up with one of his hands and brushing my curly blonde hair behind my ear.

"Good morning," I replied.

"How'd you sleep?" he asked, his eyes bright.

"Not well at all. I had this brick wall pressed against me the whole night and it was really uncomfortable," I replied, a smirk on my lips. He chuckled.

"Why were you sleeping with a brick wall?" he asked.

"Because, he's really attractive and I just wanted to get into bed with him," I replied. He laughed and leaned in, his lips pressing against mine gently.

"Well, the brick wall says that he slept really well and that he thinks you're the most beautiful girl he's ever slept with," he told me.

"Tell the brick wall to call me some time," I replied. He chuckled again and pulled me close to him, enveloping me in his warmth. He buried his face in my hair and sighed.

"Mmm, Caley..." he mumbled.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't think I ever want to let you go," he said, pulling away slightly so he could look into my eyes.

"Well, I kind of have to shower, so you're going to have to," I joked.

He laughed and kissed my lips gently at first and then with more longing. I brought my hands up to his face and he placed his on the small of my back, pulling me closer to him. The electricity between grew fiercer by the second and I knew I had to pull away before anything happened. I moved away, my breathing uneven.

Trey's eyes glittered and I felt my cheeks flush.

"We should probably go get ready before Mom comes up," he whispered. I nodded and we both sat up. Trey looked at me and then began laughing.

"What?" I asked, getting defensive quickly.

"You--your--haha--your--your hair!" he managed to get out as he clutched his stomach, rolling around on the bed laughing. I leaned forward so that I could glance in the mirror that was attached to his dresser. Sure enough, my hair was sticking up in several different directions. I looked like I had been electrocuted. I felt a smile creep up onto my own lips and started laughing, too.

"Stop! It's not funny!" I exclaimed, hitting Trey as he continued to laugh.

"It's hilarious," he replied. "You totally have sex hair," he added. I felt a deep blush rise onto my cheeks.

"Trey!" I exclaimed. He sobered up, but he still had the shadow of a laugh on his lips.

"Sorry, that was inappropriate," he said, fighting to keep a straight face.

"You're an ass," I said.

"Yeah, but you love me anyway," he said.

I felt my heart skip a beat.

Love? Did I love Trey? I knew he was just saying that in passing, but it got me thinking.

How would I know if I was in love with Trey? I had never loved anyone before--besides my mother--let alone be in a relationship. But love? How did anyone know if they were in love with someone? Were the strong feelings that welled up inside of me when Trey kissed me any indication? Were the frequent thoughts that flooded my mind about Trey a sign? Was my need to be near Trey all the time evidence that I was in love with him?