Mark

Disclamer: I do not own Percy Jackson, all property belongs to Rick Riordan

Author's Note

This is my first fanfiction and I hope you enjoy it. Please R&R. Thanks for reading!

Mark's POV

The sun glinted through the window of the classroom. I squinted trying to see if my crush had walked through the door yet. As usual, I was the first one there. My biggest pet peeve was being late, so I naturally was in my English class five minutes early. The two minute warning bell rang and students began to hurry to their first class of the day. I watched groups of kids file into their seats, but my crush hadn't com-

Oh wait there she is. She walked through the door and went to talk to the teacher, Mr. Blofis. I always felt bad for him because of his last name, but enough about Mr. Blofis, let's get talking about my crush.

She was gorgeous! Her name is Annabeth Chase. She has blonde, curly, princess hair that falls right above her butt. Her eyes, oh, my gosh her eyes. They were a stormy grey that seemed to swirl around like a hurricane. She was tall and skinny with a perfect tan. (Could you even get that on a tanning bed?) Today, Annabeth wore plain denim shorts, an orange shirt, and worn out converse. Her hair was pulled up in a high pony tail and a New York Yankees ball cap tucked into her back pocket.

Now, enough about her looks. Let's just say Annabeth is the smartest person in the whole school. It was strange how Annabeth just happened to be the most random person too. She floated between social groups. The nerds weren't hot enough, but Annabeth sure did love to read. She was good looking enough to be in the popular group, but she read too much for them. I admire the way she walks with confidence and doesn't care what other people think, but I do wonder where my social life would fall if I won over Annabeth.

I sighed and watched Annabeth as she took a seat behind me. She pulled out her English book and sighed as Mr. Blofis started the class. Today he was talking about a bunch of writing technics. I knew Annabeth hated this class because of her dyslexia, but she loved the teacher for some reason. She couldn't spell very well, and she struggled through the outlining sections of class. Every once in a while I tried to help her, but she refused and declared she would so it herself.

After the morning classes, we headed for lunch. Annabeth sat at a table with a few of her friends, and I sat down next to them. They were having a heated conversation about some book. But Annabeth didn't seem to be listening. Her eyes seemed a million miles away as she looked out the cafeteria door.

"Annie, Annie, ANNABETH!" shouted one of her friends, Rachel I think.

Annabeth shook her head to knock off the daze.

"Hey Annie, what's your problem lately?" asked another friend name Karla.

"My boyfriend," Annabeth muttered. "Hey, and don't call me Annie either."

I was taken aback a little bit. Firstly, because Annabeth didn't seem angry that she was called Annie and, Annabeth had a boyfriend!? Where did this come from? Why hadn't I ever heard about this? Her friends seemed to know exactly what this was though. They scoffed and started laughing saying things like "Yeah the make believe boyfriend" or "Yeah, okay". Annabeth sighed like she was used to this. I gave a small sigh of relief as I found out that the boyfriend didn't exist. Suddenly, she reached to her back pocket. I realized that the ball cap wasn't there like it normally was. Her eyes suddenly went wide.

"Where is it?" Annie asked her friends. They all gave her quizzical looks. She began to frantically look. What is so special about that cap? I wondered. Suddenly, Annabeth screamed. The whole cafeteria turned to look at her. Her face turned red, and right as they turned back to their meals, she giggled and squirmed.

"Percy!" She squealed making the room fall quiet and look at her once more. Suddenly, a guy appeared out of nowhere. He had black hair, sea green eyes, and a tan like Annie's. (Seriously, what was this tanning bed?) Half of the girls seemed to faint on the spot, except Annabeth. She jumped out of her seat, took her cap from the guy, and kissed him square on the lips. Umm... no. I thought to myself, but I kept my cool.

Percy sat back down next to Annabeth. "Hey. I'm Percy," he said and flashed a lopsided grin. The girls at the table began to melt.

"So, this is my boyfriend," Annabeth said. The girls began rapidly apologizing to Annabeth. She gave a small smile and hugged Percy.

"So," I asked. "How long have you guys been together?"

"About three months," Percy replied happily. So I might still have a chance. They haven't been together very long! But they continued. "We met about four years ago when we were twelve, at a camp we go to." The girls seemed to take interest in Percy's every word. I however was trying to come up with a way to break them up.

I was about to go home when I saw Annabeth and Percy talking under a tree. This is my chance! I thought.

"Hey Annabeth," I greeted.

"Oh. Hey Mark," she replied.

"I was just wondering if you want to go to the movies around 7."

"I told you I have a BOYFRIEND!" Annabeth shrieked astounded.

"Yeah but you barely know each other!"

At this Percy and Annabeth plain out laughed. "We barely know each other huh," Percy said amused.

"Besides, Annabeth is my future girlfriend," I announced surprised at how confident I felt. Percy was easily three inches shorter than me, and I was pretty sure I could teach him a lesson for going after my girl. Percy's grin turned to an aggravated frown. Annabeth looked a little scared and whispered something in another language. Surprisingly, Percy listened.

A few days later I couldn't find Annabeth anywhere. And a year later, she returned to school with Percy at her side. They looked at me for a moment then continued on with there day. Annabeth looked so happy with Percy, that I couldn't believe I even wanted them apart anyways. As long as Annie was happy, I was.

Author's Note

So this is my first fanfiction. It's really cliché and all, but I hope you enjoy it. I will take recommendations and try to update as often as possible. Thanks.

-DemigodGirl517