Chapter 10

Sasuke's Pov

I felt my body go from hot with rage to cold with fear as I stared at the scene before me. Naruto was pinned against the tree by Itachi who held his wrist tightly while his hand rested on his chin, his thumb running over and into Naruto's mouth as I stood there. I growled and took a step forward but Itachi's hand moved down from Naruto's chin to encircle his throat and I heard a panicked whimper from the blonde so I froze. Tears were falling freely down my lovers face as he stared wide eyed at his attacker, a deer caught by a large predator.

"Now, now I only wanted to greet you little brother."

Itachi let Naruto's throat go and sat down, pulling the blonde close with a hand around his waist as he looked between Itachi and I, seeing the similarities. I barked out what could have been a laugh but was raw with anger.

"You haven't been a brother to me in a long time Itachi. I will say it again, get away from Naruto."

"So he didn't tell you about me?"

He ignored me and turned to Naruto running a hand up and down his thigh as the smaller boy squirmed.

"We always had the same taste in toys, and he has found a rather nice one."

I growled as he moved forward and sniffed Naruto's neck. Every nerve was screaming at me to pounce, to get him away but I knew I was no match for Itachi. He was faster and stronger and would hurt Naruto if I moved so I simply curled my hands into fists as my body shook with rage.

"I use to enjoy taking his toys."

"Itachi," I warned, my voice low and deadly. I could feel the cold killing rage began to seep through my core and my brothers eyes flashed as he sensed it too. He got to his feet, pulling Naruto with him.

"I didn't come just to play with your new toy. Madara is making a move. Some of his men infiltrated my group and tried to turn my men to his side and I was attacked. I took care of them of course but I thought I should warn you."

"Why would he make a move after so long?"

"Namikaze's son would be twenty-one this year. The age to take over the family. I believe he has waited this long to appease everyone before he moves to take over. His reasoning is the Uchiha's have always been second in command, if anyone should rule it should be one of us."

"That traitor!"

"Be warned, your group has probably already been infested and you have a weakness now."

He let Naruto go and when the blonde looked up in confusion he smiled, his predator smile and jerked his head in my direction.

"Off you go little one, our time to play will come later."

The smaller boy ran towards me and I pulled him against my chest, his whole body was shaking.

"He will target Naruto, you know that as well as I. You have tried to keep him separate but that won't be possible now. He is part of this, weather you want it or not and if I could easily manage to sneak up on you, so can Madara. See you around, little brother."

I watched him go and knew my troubles had only gotten worse.

Naruto's Pov

"Here you go."

I was sitting on the couch in the hotel room as Sasuke handed me a cup of tea. I thanked him and cradled the warm cup in my hands as he sat beside me with a sigh, his arm resting on the couch behind me. His four captains sat in the room around us, all silent now. Sasuke had summoned them and they had been talking about what to do about Itachi's claims. Karin had used her information network and had revealed that Sasuke's brother spoke the truth. There had been an attempted coupe a month ago but he had managed to weed out the traitors.