Sherlock Holmes {Requested} (fluff)

autumn_is_an_angel

~~~~~~

"What's going on?" John asked when he walked in. You waved your hand at him, your eyes watching Sherlock's. He moved his piece and you internally grinned, keeping your whole face composed. You moved your piece and Sherlock's entire composure crumbled.

"I-I-I.." he trailed off and stared at the board. You'd beat him no matter what he did.

"Did you just beat him?" You turned to nod and when you looked back you were faced with a pout that you couldn't help but smile at.

"I beat Sherlock!" He got up and stalked away, lying down on the couch.

"Ha, I beat him." John high fived you and went up to his room. You put away the pieces to the game, humming to yourself while you did. Sherlock was still frowning when you finished and you went over to him.

"Come on, you need to take a loss." He kept frowning. You laughed and laid down on top of him, star fishing your limbs around his body. He continued to pout and you pouted back, scrunching up your nose and resting your chin against his chest. He looked down at you and you looked right back.

"You're such a child." 

"Last time I lost a game was chess versus Mycroft when I was three. I didn't even technically lose. We tied it out after a three days." You rolled your eyes and turned your head to the side,  your ear resting on his chest. Sherlock's heart beat steadily and you closed your eyes, running your hand along his arm till it found its way into his.

"Maybe you'll be less mad when I wake up," you decided, slotting your fingers together. As you floated into sleep you felt Sherlock's hand rest on your back. 

-/-/-/-/-

When you woke up Sherlock's eyes were shut, his breathing slow, and you smiled to yourself. There was a note on the coffee table and you slowly reached out to take it, reading John's messy scrawl.

Thank you for making him sleep, last time I know he slept for sure was days ago. I've gone out to Mary's. See you if there's a case -- JW

You crumpled it and tossed it back to the table, turning your head to Sherlock's sleeping features. You traced his cheek with your thumb and sighed. He was incredibly handsome, you couldn't deny that. A handsome genius with a gun was hard to resist, especially after he'd saved your life. 

At some point he must have woken up, but you didn't really notice it, you just continued to trace his face, then arms, with the tips of your fingers. Eventually you made it back to his eyes to find them looking over your face. You studied them too, the blue-green color mesmerizing you until Sherlock opened his mouth.

"Are you just going to continue staring?" 

"Should I?"

"What's the saying? Take a picture, it would last longer." You laughed and leaned forward. For the first time ever Sherlock's eyes closed before yours and you grinned, pressing your lips to his. His hands tightened around your body and you let yourself get lost in Sherlock for a few precious moments before you needed to breathe.

"You still angry?" Sherlock's laugh rumbled deep in his chest and sparked a half smirk on his face after. 

"I've never been angry with you, (Y/N). Not since the first day I met you and not till now." Your heart swelled. It was Sherlock's way of saying "I love you". He'd never say it out right, but that was close enough.

"You don't have to look so surprised," he said, maneuvering you up in his lap and then sitting up. He brushed his lips across your cheek before standing up, forcing you to your feet. You let go of him and then flopped back down onto the couch while he walked into the kitchen. 

"You should sleep in the bed. That's what it's for." 

"I think I'm good here," you replied, watching him sit down at his desk and pick up his phone. He focused on his work in a way that was different from when he focused on you. It wasn't hard to see. He focused on his work with a subjective and knowing manner and he looked at you that way too, but sometimes he looked at you with a different look in his eyes, the kind you only saw when he looked at you or Lestrade called to tell him there was a triple homicide in a well lit department store during rush hour. It was almost amazement, somewhere closer to reverence. 

"You know I'm not going anywhere. Right, Sherlock?" He looked up a minute later, like he'd processed it later than he heard it, which he probably did. 

"What makes you ask that?" 

"You." He knew the answer. You could see him thinking, gears turning, his expression remaining the same the whole time. Eventually he looked back to his work with a small shake of his head and you got up, walking over to him. He looked up when you came to stop next to him.

"I'm going to bed now," you said, "I'd hope you'd come too." You kissed his forehead and then went to bed. A few hours later, after you'd slept and woken up a few times while Sherlock called the police with solved cases and played with things in the kitchen, Sherlock fell into bed next to you. He stayed still a moment and then wrapped an arm over you. You smiled to yourself and fell asleep.

~~~~~~

Hope you liked it! Request stuff please. I can't guarentee it'll be up soon, but honestly I need a destresser and writing is a great one. Please vote, comment, and share. It would be amazing to get to 4K votes by christmas. You guys are still the best honestly <3

Peace, Love, Spock

--

Shivi