Meeting Your Family.

On a lighter note...

Anakin:

"What if they don't like me?" Anakin asked nervously, as the two of you waited on your parents' front steps.

"Nonsense, Ani. Just relax and you'll be fine," You assured him, smiling warmly. There was something about your voice, whether it was the love that it held or the safety it provided Anakin, that made him feel like everything would end up well. The door opened not a second later, revealing your mother, who pulled you both into a bone-crushing hug. Your father was the quiet one, who kissed your forehead gently, and gave Anakin a polite nod in greeting. Needless to say, your parents loved Anakin.

Luke:

"Your mother must have been a goddess; an absolute goddess," Luke said, looking at you.

"What makes you say that?" You asked, frowning.

"Well, you're a goddess," Luke replied simply, as though it were the most obvious thing in the world. You rolled your eyes, but didn't deny it; it was better not to get him riled up about nothing. The two of you were waiting for your parents at the station, as they were scheduled to arrive shortly. Train schedules these days were rarely inaccurate. You were shaking with excitement; it was the first time in a while since you'd last seen your parents, and the first time that Luke would be meeting them. Your heart skipped a beat when a train pulled up, its doors opened, and you recognized the older face of your mother. Behind her, your father. It was the restarting of something you thought you had long lost: family. Togetherness.

Poe:

"They're gonna love me, I'll make sure of that," Poe told you, as you opened the door to your parents' home. You paused briefly in the hallway to see if they'd kept the shard of the X-Wing you'd once used that you sent them. They did; it was sitting on the mantel, catching the rays of the sun that slipped through the closed blinds, illuminating the room. It was cleaner than you remembered.

"Are they home?" Poe asked you quietly, his hand brushing against the small of your back. You shrugged.

"If not, then they will be soon," You replied, heading into the kitchen. There, you were surprised to find your mother, with her headphones in (something which you had never seen her do), swaying gently to the music as she did the dishes. You and Poe watched her for a moment before you reached out and placed your hand on her shoulder. She jumped slightly, turning around with an angry look on her face, most likely thinking it was her husband trying to scare her. But when her eyes met yours, she broke into a smile and hugged you.

"Hi, ma," You whispered, quivering with happiness.

"(Y/n)," she said, "It's been so long."

"Indeed it has. I brought someone with me," You say, reaching your hand back for Poe's. He took it, and stepped forward where your mother could see him.

"Hello," he greeted, sticking out his hand, "I'm Poe Dameron." Your mother let go immediately to shake his outstretched hand.

"Oh, (y/n), what a handsome friend you have!" She gushed, taking your hands into hers.

"He's not my friend," you told her sheepishly, "He's my boyfriend."

It took her a moment to process the information. "Boyfriend?"

"Yes, ma."

She remained silent, then, "That's wonderful, honey!"

The night passed with much laughter and joy. It was possibly the best night of your life.

Kylo Ren:

If you were to be completely honest, you weren't sure if your parents would like Kylo. He looked just like the kind of person your parents had warned you about as a child. Your father, unfortunately, was very critical and could barely keep his opinions to himself. As the two of you waited for the doorbell to ring, signaling the arrival of your parents, you sat, eerily quiet, with your hands in your lap. Kylo was seated calmly beside you, his legs stretched out in front of him. There was no doubt in your mind that he could sense your nervous energy and had already read your thoughts. His eyebrows were slightly furrowed and his jaw was set. The doorbell suddenly rang, making the two of you flinch. You jumped up to get the door, while Kylo quietly rose to his feet to go stand behind you. When you opened the door, your parents rushed in, shivering from the bitter cold outside. They greeted you first, of course.

"Gosh, it has just been so darn cold lately--" Began your mother, but then her eyes fell on Kylo, who was leaning against the foyer wall, his arms crossed over his black sweater-clad chest.

"Who is that?" She asked you, staring for a moment longer at Kylo before turning her attention to you. You took a deep breath before answering her.

"Well, that's just what I wanted to tell you about. His name is Kylo. He's my partner."

"Partner," Your mother repeated, the word sour on her tongue, judging by her facial expression.

"He's a wonderful man; he's kind, caring, and loving..." You defended, although you knew your argument was rather weak, and the fact that Kylo was not exhibiting any of these characteristics was not helping you make your case. While your parents were wary of Kylo initially, they soon saw that he was as you said: a wonderful man.