Chapter 28 - Open and Honest Enemies

"On the fringe, blood and bullets are the rule of law and, if you're a man with convictions, violence is inevitable." - John Teller 

"Hello?" Kylie whimpered quietly through the darkness with her terror resonating clearly with Bobby.

He grunted as he moved to sit up, squinting as if he may possibly see her face. "You Sack's girl?"

"Bobby?" Kylie gasped. "Thank God you're here," she said with some hope now in her voice. "How did you know it was me?"

"Ain't the others," he chuckled darkly, "And there's no other girl close to the club down here."

"Clay," she whispered fearfully. "Clay is the one who dumped me here."

He growled, "Goddamn, Clay."

"Did he put you here?"

"I don't know, but that's my guess. He feels burned by the club and now this is revenge."

"I guess," she sighed. "He was looking for Opie and Jax, I had to call Mae for him."

"What did you tell him?"

"Nothing," she said quickly as not to be labeled a rat or traitor. "Mae didn't even answer but I wasn't going to give him shit." Kylie didn't know how she planned to keep the information Mae would have provided, if had she answered, but she was willing to do whatever she could.

"Good," he groaned." Now we just gotta worry about getting out of here alive."

--

As usual, Jax and Opie were announced by the roar of their Harleys prior to their actual arrival. Alice had woken up since the text message was sent, blissfully unaware of the danger of the situation, and was playing quietly after a few questions for her mother.

"What's your endgame?" Amelia asked as Alice flicked the TV on.

"I want to take from you all what you took from me," his eyes flicked to Alice.

"If you touch her," Amelia whispered, "I will kill you myself."

"I'd like to see that," he smirked. "If you even tried I'd be so proud of you, love."

Amelia shook her head, crossing her arms over her chest, as the sound of the engines grew louder. She knew exactly when they'd pull up, counting down quietly to herself, while simultaneously dreading their arrival and aching for it.

Opening the door as the rumble of their engines died, Galen beamed excitedly. "Boys, how are you?"

Jax and Opie pulled their guns instantly. "Where are the girls?" Jax asked forcefully.

"Ladies," Galen waved into the cabin for them to step out.

"Are you okay?" Jax asked the moment Amelia and Alice appeared on the porch.

"We're fine," Amelia said quietly as Alice wriggled and fought to run to her father.

"Daddy!" She shouted excitedly, reaching for him until the tension in the air hit her.

"Stay with Mommy, baby," Jax said sadly.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing," Opie stepped to the right to pull Alice's attention away from Jax. "Everything is fine, just stay with your Mom, Ally, okay?"

"Okay," Alice whimpered as she buried her face in Amelia's chest.

"Get back in the house," Jax said forcefully.