"Of course, I'm excited," she interjected, diverting Zeus' lecture. "Hades and I love each other. What better way to share that."

He nodded his assent, although his manner was still unreadable. "I agree, there is no grander way to show your devotion. I am happy for you, Lexi. And, please, extend my congratulations to Hades."

"Thank you. I was hoping you would be the one to make the formal announcement in Olympus. I also wanted to ask if the council will grant me permission to visit my family in Nova Scotia so I can share the news with them, face to face."

"Consider both requests done. You can expect a response before nightfall about the password. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to fulfill my obligation as supreme ruler and pass judgment on the accused, as you so eloquently put it."

Lexi didn't suppress her grin. She loved when he remembered to be Uncle Z. "Well, don't enjoy yourself too much. Pleasant day to you, Zeus."

"And to you."

The scrying mirror turned dark and Lexi stepped confidently away from it. Every conversation she had with Zeus that didn't involve a stony stare was a win for her, add in the admiring gaze she received from Hades, and Lexi found herself walking on air as she made her way to the fireplace. Hades set his fancy teacup down and stretched his arms out to welcome her into them.

"Do you realize how amazing you are, Lexi? You could have the gods eating out of your hands if you chose it."

"Are you sure you're not just thinking of yourself, my love?" Lexi got comfortable on Hades' lap, and as she snuggled into his embrace, she felt him harden against her behind. This made her smile, and she caressed his cheek as she spoke. "The only god I want eating out of my hands is you."

"I am happy to oblige you, my lady." Hades dipped her over his arm and kissed her, claiming her mouth with his tongue while his hands massaged her breasts through the bodice of her dress. "You are seduction personified, and I am caught in your spell, bewitched with desire."

"And you have a knack for seducing me with words," Lexi said as a rush of chills had her quivering in his arms.

"Hold your tongue and be still so I can properly ravage you." Hades yanked on the cords of her dress, unlacing them with deliberate tugs, and Lexi willingly submitted to him. A minute into the ravaging, the scrying mirror chimed. "Ignore it. The nymphs will take care of it." Hades continued his mission to peel off her dress one lace at a time, trailing kisses over her exposed skin and delving into her cleavage.

"Lady Lexi!" Sella called through the speaking tube. "You are being summoned at the scrying mirror. It's the palace. Poseidon's palace."

Lexi hesitated, waiting for Hades' reaction before she responded.

Hades lifted his head, his pupils dilated and his lips flushed with color. "I'm tempted to remove that damn mirror from our chamber."

"He's probably calling to congratulate us," Lexi said. "The mirror is going to be ringing off the hook for the next few hours, you know."

"All the more reason to do it."

"Let me just handle this, then we can ignore it until lunch." Lexi pushed off his lap, blowing him a kiss as she padded across the room. When she tapped the glass, Poseidon was gazing at her with those mischievous blue eyes, and today there appeared to be more mischief in them than usual. "Pleasant day, Poseidon."

"Pleasant day, my lady," he said, looking pointedly at her bosom. "I appear to have caught you at an inopportune time."

Lexi glanced down to find herself in a minor state of undress. Grabbing the cords of her bodice, she quickly cinched it up while Poseidon waited patiently. When their eyes met again, Poseidon flashed an appreciative smile. "Zeus just informed me that you are expecting, and I wanted to offer my congratulations to you and Hades."

"Thank you. The news still hasn't sunk in. We just found out this morning. I'm not even sure when I'm due."

"Well, protocol dictates you visit the infirmary here for an examination."

Lexi glanced across the room where Hades was scowling from his chair. "I'll make an appointment once I'm able to spare the time," she told Poseidon. "We have guests arriving this afternoon. I'm sure you're aware that Kade and your son, Ink, are paying the underworld a visit."

Poseidon thrust his shoulders back as if he intended to use his chest as a shield. "Yes. That was another reason for my call. Ink has had trouble adjusting to his new life among the gods. I take some responsibility for that. I appreciate you and Hades accommodating him."

"From what I hear, Ink can communicate with the deceased. That plays right into Hades' wheelhouse. I'm sure we can find him some productive outlets here. Is there anything else you wish to discuss? I have matters to attend to."

Poseidon's eyebrows shot up and he did a terrible job of stifling a smirk. "I expect you have. Tell me, how did Hades like the gift you gave him?"

Lexi's eyes fluttered closed as she recalled the fight she had with Hades. Oh, why did she have to answer the damn scrying mirror? "He loves it, but he says having the real thing is better than a marble statue." Lexi punctuated her response with a smirk that she didn't attempt to stifle. "Pleasant day to you, Poseidon."

Lexi tapped the glass of the mirror, causing it to go dark. Then she walked to the speaking tube and called into it. "Please, take messages on all calls that come in before lunch." As soon as she heard Sella's cheerful acknowledgment, Lexi turned to Hades, smiling provocatively as she untied her dress. "That takes care of that. Now, my lord, where were we?'