Chapter 17

"How many people have died in this place?" I asked, glancing up to Andy. We were laying down and I felt his chest rise as breathed.

"I'm not exactly sure. I know many have.. they were here even when I was alive." he answered, slightly shifting his position so he could be facing me.

"Oh." I mumbled and looked down. 

"Why you asking?" He looked into my eyes.

"Were they the reason why you went to that school and shot it up?" I questioned and he avoided my eyes.

"No, that was completely me. I was mad at everyone at that point, I thought I could solve it by shooting...them." he blinked and licked his lips.

"Go on a date with me. We can do anything you want that we could do here, or at the beach. I can't leave here." he said,jumping up. 

"It's halloween, what are we going to do then?" I asked shrugging.

"Anything."

"Okay, what if we had a scary movie marathon?" I smiled, taking his hand into his. 

"What about your parents?" he pointed out. 

"We'll be fine. Your a ghost anyways," I winked and he smirked. I pulled him down the stairs into the living room where the tv was. I set up netflix and started to scroll through the movies.

"What movie you want to watch?" I turned to him as I saw him take a blanket from the closet and put on the both of us. He put his arm across the back of the couch, putting his arm around me.

"Doesn't matter."

"Alright, what about Paranormal Activities?" I suggested.

"Sure, but let me tell you something."

I turned to him.

"Us ghosts, we are not like that. Well, most of us aren't. Most of us are just lonely and want a friend, like me." he explained and I nodded. We began to watch the movie and I felt his head lean against me. He must've fallen asleep.

Can ghosts sleep?

I wasn't entirely sure, but I left him be. I took his hand that rested on his thigh and kissed it softly. 

"I love you, Andy. Even if you are dead, I love you so, so much. I'm sorry for what I said to you. You're not a monster." I whispered to him. I wasn't sure if he heard me, but it didn't matter. I'm glad he was just next to me, just like this. I began to fall asleep when I heard someone knock on the door. I got up carefully, leaving Andy on the couch to open the door. It was probably some trick or treaters. 

I opened the door to find a group of people standing out there. I noticed some things that stood out, one of the girls had a gun shot right through her eye, the other through his stomach, etc. 

"Who.. who are you guys?" I asked slightly scared.

"Where's your boyfriend Andy?" the girl with the gun shot through the eye asked. 

"Why do you need to know, why are you here?" I continued to ask.

"Just give us the damn boy, you bitch." One of the taller men said, and started to push the door open. Andy walked up to me, rubbing his eyes. He glanced at the people with a curious look.

"Who's this, Danny?" he turned to me.

"You don't remember us, Andy?" the red haired girl said with a concerned tone. 

"Of course, he wouldn't. He's a psychotic killer, they don't remember their victims." the brunette scoffed. 

"We are the people who you killed when you shot up the school. It's time for you to learn the pain you made us experience." They took him by his shoulder. 

"No! Stop!" I yelled pushing them away. The jock type of guy knocked me on my feet. 

"STOP! Leave her alone!" Andy yelled, helping me stand up. 

"I'll go with you guys, just let me tell her something." He leaned into my ears. 

"I'll be fine, I promise. Don't worry." he smirked and without saying another thing, he sped off into the direction of the beach. 

"Get him!" the brunette yelled and they all raced after him. 

I saw Andy look back and for a second, I saw fear in his eyes.  

"Andy.." I whispered, standing out there.