Moving To New York

MAYA POV

Sitting in the passenger seat of the car listening to The Rolling Stones, I stare out the window.  Turning to my right the big green lady standing tall with her big torch.

Pulling up to the building mum put the car in park. I unbuckle my seat belt, making my way to the trunk of the car and grabbing my suitcase.

"So which building we staying in" I questioned while staring at 5 identical apartment buildings with different things displayed on windows.
"The third building, apartment 16 baby girl" My mother replies

Nodding my head I make my way upstairs with the keys dangling from my pocket. As I look at the elevator a sign was plastered on it reading
'OUT OF ORDER'
"Great" I mumbled, knowing I'll have to use the stairs. I start walking up the stairs but me being me not seeing where I placed my foot I slipped backwards landing on the stair, however my suitcase went flying down 10 flights of stairs.
"That's just great" getting up I went down to grab it.

My clothes were scattered across the ground, bending down quickly I try grab my clothes before anyone sees the mess. In the process of cleaning up I see two other hands grabbing my belongings.

Looking up I see a boy that looks to be around my age with chestnut blonde hair that was styled cool like, his skin was tan just like the girl and wearing a 'SCIENCE ROCKS' t-shirt. The girl also looked around my age, she had long dark brown hair, her skin like mine just a bit more tan, she has adorable dimples and wearing a beautiful flower dress.

The girl was the one who broke the silence.
"Hey I'm Riley and This is Farkle" pointing to the herself and boy next to her. Riley held her hand out but I was too busy observing them.
What do they want with me? Are they one of those people who are backstabbing and all that? Shaking my head I introduced myself "Hey I'm Maya, nice meeting you. Thanks for helping and um I don't know if it's obvious but like I'm new here." I added a small laugh at the end.

Riley, Farkle and I continued collecting all my belongings once we finished I attempt the stairs again with Riley and Farkle this time. Finally making it to my level I wave them a goodbye since Riley and Farkle had to continue the steps as Riley's place is up 3 more staircases.Entering the apartment I was impressed on how much space there was, I walked straight to my new room to see it has a dark shade of pink on one side of the walls and a pretty shade of white, I look towards the floor and notice its a dark grey shade also the fact that it's concrete which is perfect. "Well Maya lets get to work" I said to myself and start on my room.

 "Well Maya lets get to work" I said to myself and start on my room

After working on my room for 5 hours notice it is 9:30pm

"MAYA DINNER!" Mothers screeches, making my way out of my warm room to the dinning table I see Tacos my all time favourite food.

"Mhmmm" is all that can come out after eating a lot of tacos, Throwing my paper plate in the rubbish I make my way to my room and collapsed on my bed slowly drift to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------
So my first chapter hope you like and enjoyed it and if it's bad sorry my first time writing on here

Thanks

-Yani