36: MEMORY LANE

*Louis's POV*

"Ellie!" We all screamed.

We had police behind us who ran up to Dan while we all ran up to Elise. I moved Elise off of Isla and put her head in my lap. Her eyes were slowly closing.

"Elise! Stay awake! Don't close your eyes on us!" I yelled.

Tears are now falling down my cheeks. This can not be happening.

"I love you." She whispered.

She started coughing uncontrollably. Did I hear her correctly?  She stopped coughing and closed her eyes one last time. Maybe it's too late.

"I love you too." I told her.

Liam flipped her over to inspect her wounds. Right then, the paramedics came and pushed all of us away. I turned around and looked at Dan who was struggling with the police.

"Louis, don't. It's not worth it." Niall said holding me back.

I turned to look at him and saw that he was crying too. All the boys were.

"He needs to feel what he did to Elise!" I said.

"And he will go to prison. And we don't need you going there too!" He said.

"But-" I tried to say something but he interrupted me.

"Like Isla says, butts are for the behind, so keep them there."

We walked over to where Elise is and tried to see what is happening.

"We need to get her to the hospital ASAP! She's loosing too much blood!" One of the men said.

They carried her out of the building and into the ambulance. We all ran to the car and followed the ambulance. I completely for got to ask!

"Isla, did he do anything to you?" I asked her.

She shook her head. Harry kept inspecting her arms and legs.

"She only has a small scratch." Harry told us.

"Isla, what happened in there?" Niall asked.

"D-Dan p-pulled a knife o-out a-and c-cut E-Ellie w-with it. Th-then p-p-pulled a g-gun out a-and th-then sh-she pick m-me u-up and then f-fell d-down wh-when there w-were l-loud b-booms." She said shakily.

I'm really shocked that she isn't crying. She's really strong for a 6year old.

The rest of the ride was silent. We made it to the hospital and she was quickly carried in. Liam and I ran out of the car and followed where they took her.

"Excuse me. No one can come back here." The nurse told us.

"Where are they taking her?" Liam asked.

"What's her name?" She asked walking over to the front desk.

We followed her over there.

"Elise Payne." I told her.

She typed a few things in and clicked around for a while.

"She is getting surgery now. They haven't listed her wounds or the guesstimate length of the surgery. I would suggest you both sit down in the waiting room." She told us.

Liam and I found seats in the waiting room and waited for the rest to get here.

"Are you going to call your parents? To tell them what happened?" I asked him.

"Not right now, I don't think I would be able to tell my parents what just happened. They would be ashamed of me to let this happen. And-" He started.

"Your parents shouldn't be ashamed of you. She will make it out alive. I told her not to make me regret letting this happen, and she agreed. I haven't regretted it yet, and neither should you." I told him.

"It's funny that right before we left, I told her to come back in one piece. " He said.

"And she will be. She is going to be just fine."

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" He asked

"I'm not convincing anyone, I'm telling the truth."

"But-"

"Let's just stop talking about this right now. Let's talk about good times with her. About all the fun we had with her. And more adventures we'll have with her." I interrupted him once again.

He just sat there.

"I'll start, I remember when we all were having game night and her and Isla wouldn't give Harry, Niall, and I our food so we just kept complaining and they just ate their food in front of us." I smiled at the memory.

"I remember when she was in the hospital for the first time, and she told me I was her brother. I was so happy, and so was she. And I was so happy that I got to save my little sister. And that was the only time I could. When she was kidnapped, I couldn't save her, when she got abused in the bathroom of the cafe, I couldn't help her, and when she was upset, I was the one who scared her and-" Liam started.

"Liam! Happy thoughts! What about the time we all were telling her about One Direction. And how her eye's grew wide when we told her that we have five albums. That was a fun time." I said.

"I remember when Liam and I were talking about the meeting when Simon told us that Elise couldn't date anyone in the band. Now look at her! She's dating Louis!" Niall said sitting down next to us.

Harry and Isla soon followed.

"Remember when you got her her own phone. She was so shocked. And it was a little funny watching her use a smart phone for the first time. And how she always turned on Siri on accident and couldn't turn it off." Harry shared.

"Isla, do you want to share anything?" I asked her.

"I remember every single day when we were at Dan's house, she would wake me up and always had a smile on her face. She was so happy! When ever I would look at her, she would smile at me." Isla said with a smile on her face, remembering.

"Remember the time we all sang Home to her. She had the biggest smile. And it was hilarious when Harry fell over durning his solo. That was smooth." I said sarcastically at the end.

"I remember when it was just her, Isla, and I, and I asked if her and Louis were dating and she had the biggest smile on her face." Harry said.

"I remember when I caught them kissing in the kitchen. I was so in shock, I didn't move for about an hour." Niall laughed.

"The time when she got to meet Nichola and Ruth for the first time. She didn't know who they were. It was a little funny." Liam said smiling.

We all shared memories and soon Isla, Liam, and Harry were asleep. Liam was refusing to go to sleep but he needed it the most.