1-10

1. The Qur'aan was revealed through the best angel (Jibreel) to the best prophet (Muhammad) of the best ummah in the best month (Ramadan) in the best cities (Mecca & Madina).

2. The best person is he who learns the Qur'aan and teaches it.

3. The Qur'aan has more than 300 000 letters. Therefore, he who reads the Qur'aan will get a reward of more than 3 million good deeds because a person who reads one letter of the Qur'aan gets ten rewards.

4. The longest verse in the Qur'aan is verse 282 in Surah al-Baqarah, popularly known as the verse of debt.

5. The greatest verse in the Qur'aan is Aayah al-Kursi which is verse 255 in Surah al-Baqarah.

6. Whoever recites Aayah al-Kursi immediately after each prescribed prayer, there will be nothing standing between him and his entering Paradise except death.

7. Surah al-Faatihah was given that name because it is the opening chapter of the Qur'aan, and it is the Surah with which prayers are begun.

8. It is mandatory to recite Surah al-Fatihah in each prayer. If a person does not do so, then his prayer is invalid.

9. Recitation of the last three Surahs of the Qur'aan ensures that a person is cured from his ailment and protected from evil.

10. The Qur'aan is the most widely read book in the world.