1.7

{Song for this chapter; King For a Day - Pierce The Veil ft. Kellin Quinn}

• Tony's pov •

I hummed quietly to the radio as I turned a corner, moving my steering wheel to the right swiftly. Some kind of pop song was playing. It was catchy as hell. I think it was by Cody Simpson, not too sure, though.

After ten minutes, I was parking my car into North Wood Park's parking lot. I slammed my door shut, feeling my phone vibrate in my back pocket. Taking it out, I saw a text from Emilia on my lock screen, still walking towards the park.

'Where are you? I've bee--'

In the middle of reading Em's text message, I bumped into someone, causing my phone to fall onto the pavement beside the person I bumped into. "Shit," I muttered, clutching my knuckles together. I'm already late and this is going to ruin my mood.

Looking down at the person, I smiled, grabbing their hand and pulling them up. It was a girl. She had medium length, brown hair. It stopped a little under her shoulders, complimenting her brown eyes. She reminded me a bit of Jaime. Her smile was as contagious as his, too.

"I'm sorry I wasn't really paying attention," she said, picking up my phone. "Oh, and by the way, my name's Mandy." She set the phone into the palm of my hands.

"I'm Tony," I said quietly, stuffing my phone into my back pocket once again. I'm getting later by the second. My smile was starting to fade, too.

Mandy's eyes went wide as she muttered an Oh my god. "You're Tony Perry, right?"

I nodded, realizing she's a fan. My smile started to reappear as I waited for her reply.

"I mean, I only heard about you from Pierce The Veil. No where's else," she said quickly, gulping and blinking a lot. "I-I have to go. Goodbye, Tony." Mandy walked away, fast, in the opposite direction of the park.

"Uh, yeah," I said, confused as why she walked away so quickly. I thought she was a fan. But then again, I've met so many and all of them have acted differently; It's so hard to remember them all.

• Emilia's pov •

I stared at my phone, waiting for a reply from Tony. Why is he so late? Did he forget? But I reminded him this morning when I told him the time to meet me. It's all so confusing.

You can do this, Em, I thought. After this, all you need to do is talk to Craig. Then you can leave. Leave for good.

While I was thinking this, I started to play with my newly died hair. It was now orange, my natural colour. My hair didn't turn out fully orange, but close enough to my liking. Mandy said I looked absolutely wonderful, so basically I should be worrying. She had that-that face when she said it. Like she was sort of lying or she just didn't want me to do this.

My phone vibrated in my lap, making me jump back a little. 'I just bumped into him. He's coming,' it read. The message was from Mandy. I locked my phone, setting it back into my lap and trying to fix my hair. Before I left, Mandy helped me curl it into little waves in some places.

"Where is she?" I heard someone angrily mutter to themselves. I froze, picking my head up slowly. It was Tony. He had the same red Key Street hat that he wore at the store that day, the same beige pants, but a different black and white striped shirt. The shirt made the whole outfit a little better, making me forget the time he thought I was a fan.

He looked over this way, making my head drop suddenly, staring at my lap. I laughed mentally. This felt like a game. A game that I was not willing to play at the moment. I wanted to get it over with.

I heard Tony's footsteps coming towards me, the bench creaking as he sat down beside me. "Why didn't you tell me?" he asked quietly. I could imagine him playing with his hands out of nervousness. Something that I sometimes did.

Oh, my god, I thought. He knows.

Author's Note;

pls hate me omg this may be the shortest chapter ever written in history plus a cliffhanger which makes me want to stab myself bc i feel what you feel

meh even though i did this to you, tell me what you think bc i wanna know

ilu and i promise the next chapter will be like tomorrow. tomorrow. see i'm making it up to you with another update tomorrow.

© 2014, PRECIADONT. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.