The Unpredictable (H.S.)

In these games you have to be smart, and skilled. You cant just walk in and act like everything is jolly jolly rainbows, or everyones your friend. No one is and you have to know that, they may act like they like you but they buttering you up to kill you in the end. Any thing can happen in a blink of an eye when your in that arena or even on the capitol grounds. Everything is unpredictable....

-Prologue-

"This is it..reaping day, the day were two peoples lives get taken away for the capitols own selfish reasons, and you never know who it could be." Harry said.

We were sitting in the meadow looking out into the beautiful, forest green trees for maybe the last time. We come down here every Sunday but we came up here today just to share some time together before its possibly taken away from us. I know we should try and think positive but who can when someone close to you, or even yourself can be thrown into an arena where you have to fight to the deaths until one person is left standing.

Like Harry said its for the capitols own selfish reasons, they enjoy to see young kids from the age of 12-18 kill each other. Its sick, plain sick. I don't think I really introduced my self my name is Charlotte Miller, but only my family and Harry's family call me Charlie, I'm 17 years old. My sister Beatrice is 13 and this is her second year, last year was hard for her because, she was picked but, a good friend of hers named Matt volunteered before I could even step my foot out to take her place. He survived in the arena until there were 6 people left, he took a spear to the chest.

District twelve hasn't been the same since. Beatrice hasn't been the same, she keeps saying shes going to picked again this year, because God's punishing her for the death of someone who didn't deserve it. I tried to tell her no one deserves death, and that if there really is a God would he punish someone for something out of their control? I'd think not.

I have a brother, Dan who is 23 so he doesn't have to participate in the games anymore. Harry has an older sister Gemma who is 22 so she doesn't get reaped anymore. He also has a brother who's 14, just a year older than Beatrice. We've both came to an agreement that if one of our younger siblings are called we'd volunteer for them, well obviously. In all honesty I hope that's not the case, I don't think I'm that brave to kill someone even if they're trying to kill me.

Well what happens, happens, but I have a feeling the odds aren't so much in my favor this year.....