FS 3-Technology in the Learning Environment
Episode 2-Bulletin Board Displays
Name of FS Student: Greggy Q. Encinares
Course: ED125PRT Year & Section: First Year/
Resource Teacher: Avemar T. Gonzaga Signature: ________________________
Cooperating School: Doña Juana Actub Lluch Memorial Central School
Class Observational Guide:
1. Go around the school and examine the board displays. How many board displays do you see?
2. Where are the display boards found? Are they in places where target viewers can see them?
3. What are the displays about? What images and colors do you see? How are the pieces of information arranged?
4. What materials were used in making the displays? Are borders used?
5. Do you notice some errors like misspelled words, grammar inconsistencies, etc.?
6. Are the messages clear and easily understood?
7. You may choose to take a photo of the display board if allowed.
Name of School Observed: Doña Juana Actub Lluch Memorial Central School
Location of School: Pala-o, Iligan City
Date of Visit/Observation: September 16, 2011
The bulletin board is located near the entrance gate, outside the Principal and Guidance Office. Yes, the bulletin board is in the place where students or even parents and pass-Byers can see them. Posted on the bulletin board were announcement and information written on a white sheet bondpaper with a DepEd seal on it. There is a posting also about those who are interested to apply as a teacher in their school. There is this tarpaulin located at the end side of the bulletin board that has the picture of Dora on it and has letters printed about the qualities of a true DJAL students. The bulletin was a bit dry and boring for me and it did not cater to the students. The overall message was not that clear to me or the postings are not that relevant in a student point of view.
II- From among the board displays, picks the one that you got most interested in, Evaluate it using the evaluation form below:
BOARD EVALUATION DISPLAY FORM
Topic of the Board Display: Ang Batang DJAL ay…
Location of the Board Display in School: Near the entrance gate, outside the Principal and Guidance Office