Chapter 8

hey guysss~ im back with another chapter. i hope you guys didnt forget about "sincerely, clo" since it was awhile since i've updated. buuuut here you goooo. 

chapter idea thanks to @Cardenas08 it's been awhile so idk if you remember but thankyousomuch anyways~!

hope you enjoy ^^

_________________________________________________________

10 years ago. June 28, 2003. Second Grade, Almost Third Grade.

"And they took off together," I read, "running for home." 

I closed the book after I read the final sentence in the Magic Tree House, with Clo sitting next to me, her eyes still in awe with the adventures Jack and Annie just went through. We're sitting at the edge of our treehouse, the heels of our shoes gently tapping against the cool bark of the tree. 

"That was amazing," she took the book from my hands and hugged it towards her chest. "I wish our treehouse was like that, filled with mysterious adventures."

"Yeah," I agreed as I leaned back until my back rests against the floor of our treehouse, my legs dangling against the tree trunk. "I always wanted to meet a pirate."

I stretched my right arm a little to reach for Pirates Past Noon that was lying a few inches away from me.

Clo pulled herself in the tree house and went over to the pile of Magic Tree House books lying in the corner. She sat crossed leg as she went through each and every book of the series.

"And I want to go to Egypt and see the mummies," she pulled the Mummies in the Morning from the pile and placed it right next to the one we just read.

I pulled myself into the treehouse and sat next to Clo. 

"Ooh, don't forget about the Vikings."

"And the kangeroos in Australia!"

"And the tigers in India!"

"The lions in Africa!"

"The alligators in the Amazon rain forest!"

"Ooh, good one."

I smiled as Clo reached over and picked up Twister on Tuesday.

"I wished I lived in Kansas." She said as she flipped through the book, stopping everytime a picture appeared. She placed the book down and reached for Earthquake in the Early Morning. "Or maybe San Francisco."

"Why? There's tornadoes and earthquakes."

"Yeah but at least it's more interesting than here." She sighed as she ripped open a pack of chips. She silently offered me some but I shook my head. Clo shrugged and shoved three chips into her mouth. 

But Clo is right.

We don't live near earthquake or tornado zones. We don't have wild tigers or lions or kangeroos or any exotic animals running around. We don't have mummies and our ancestors weren't Vikings. Pirates probably never even raided or even bother to set foot on our little town hundreds of years ago. 

But we do have one thing: baseball.

And way too much of it. 

We have way too much shops selling baseball related stuff, ranging from baseball collectibles to baseball gear. Every boy and girl older than seven was in some sort of baseball/softball related team, whether it's Tee Ball Team or Minor League Team or Little League Team. When it's time for the World Series, there won't be a single person on the streets. Pubs and homes and restrauants are stuffed with people watching the games, wearing some sort of baseball apparel.