Chapter 4

You find yourself hanging out at the Student Council room every chance you can get. You play with the little Pomeranian most of the time while watching Shiki. He looks so cute whenever he gets excited when one of the others hurt him or something. Him and the Pomeranian don't seem to get along. When you came in that day, Shiki was brushing fur off the poor dog. Then the dog would bite Shiki's head. In fact, it's pretty adorable.

"(Y/N)," Rem says, "come with me."

He gets out of his chair and walks out the door. You get up and follow him. He walks you down the stairs. He waits till people go to their classes. Then he turns to face you.

"I know what you are," Rem finally says.

You gasp. Does he mean...? No! It can't be.

"I know why you were really crying that day when Shiki helped you," his eyes narrow. "You killed them, didn't you?"

"How did you know that?!" your nerve has been struck.

"I did some research cause I got this odd feeling coming from you. I know it wasn't your fault. It was just your instincts," Rem respond.

"So you know," you swallow, "that I'm a vampire."

You show your fangs.

"Part vampire," Rem corrects. "You're father was the vampire while your mother was not."

You nod, "Correct."

Rem smiles, "You're secret is safe with me as long as you lend me your power."

"For what reason?" you ask.

"So I can find the grimoire," he answers. "You know where it is, don't you?"

You begin to feel nervous. You do know where it is, but you are in charge of keeping it safe. Your not allowed to give it to anyone. Not even Shiki. Heck! You're not even allowed to use it. Your eyes narrow at him. You quickly turn around and march back into the room. There is no way your telling someone you just met a few days ago. Shiki hands you a tiny stuffed bear.

"I hope you like it," he smirks at the Pomeranian, who is missing chunks of fur now.

"What did you do?" you ask while poking the bear's nose.

"I needed stuffing, and dog fur is the next best thing I could think of," he answers.

You sigh but smile. Shiki has to be the cutest person in the whole world. You know he's a fallen angel. Your powers allow you to see who is what creature. There are many things your powers can do. Some you are not proud of, but you have learned to except them. You look at Shiki. You really hope he will except who you really are. Vampires and devils/fallen angels don't get along very well. You hold to bear tight over your eyes. You feel tears fall down your cheeks. You quickly run out. You really hope no sees.

Clink!