The Maze

Penny POV

I turned corners hopelessly. 

Did Talon have to make this maze this hard! This could have been a piece of cake. I would just use my codex to track my progress and find the exit and ta-da! I'm out and kicking MAD's (pacifically Talon's) butt. But Talon just had to ambushed me halfway through the maze and take out my codex's power. 

I swiped frantically with my hand but only a few seconds of static appeared. 

I can't even send out a distress single to Brain! I hate every bit of Talon's smirking, cute, handsome, perfectly shaped, ugh.... I was doing it again. 

I sat down on the gravel and rubbed my forehead. I have to drive the image of his perfect smirking face from my mind. 

I can't have him! We are enemies! Even if we weren't, there is no way he would ever feel the same way about me. But still...

Talon POV

I watch her turn around and around. Honestly, as much as I loved to watch Pretty Penny mumble to herself and swipe around I was a little bored. 

She'd been walking around for about an hour now.

Pretty Penny sat down and buried her head in her hands massaging gently. She looked desperate. I decided that this was a great time to make another grand entrance. I leaped off of the tall hedges surrounding her and let my rocket boots slow my fall. She sprang up and faced me when I landed. 

"Hey Pretty Penny. How's it going?"

She scowled. "Don't you have anything better to do?" 

I chuckled, "Not at the moment. You already shut down the missile. Just my luck that you ran into my maze."

Penny POV

Penny POV

Why did he even have a maze? 

He studied me and I felt my cheeks warming up. He noticed and raised an eyebrow. My thoughts betrayed me and went wild. The corners of his mouth tugged upward into a smirk. I stiffened and for some reason my body acted on its own accord. I turned and booked it into a series of turns and twists. 

That was weird.

Talon POV

She turned and ran. I was surprised and pondered on what I did wrong. 

I was just thinking about how pretty she looked when she blushed. That perfect shade of light rose pink complemented perfectly with her golden blonde hair and her sapphire eyes.

I watched her turn a corner and I started to run after her. 

My Pretty Penny wasn't getting away that easily. I shook my head, where did that thought come from? She wasn't mine... yet.