Chapter 18

Rocky was keeping everyone happy. He was singing on his own, dancing with little kids, and playing music. After a while he turned down the music- still having it playing, just lower- and sat down to play with the little kids. I smile at him being so sweet.

The mother of the little boy that Rocky was playing with smiles at him and then me. "He's sweet."

"Yeah, he is." I smile.

"You're a very lucky girl to be dating a guy like him."

"What?"

"You're dating, aren't you?"

"No." I laugh. "We're best friends."

"You sure about that?" I stare at her, confused. "I seen the way he looks at you and you look at him. It's obvious."

"It's the obvious that I like him?" I hit my forehead. She laughs and puts her hand on my shoulder.

I watched as Rocky sat in a seat with the little boy. He spun him around and tickled him. Rocky laughs as he plays with him. "Hey, Kacey, look how adorable he is." He laughs.

"I'll take him back now, thank-you for playing with him. I know he enjoyed it." Rocky hands her the boy and smile, before walking back to his seat. I follow him and laugh when I sit down.

"You're so sweet." I smile at him, sinking down into my seat, tired.

"Thanks." He laughs. "Can you remember the last time we were on this train?" He smiles, sinking down to be level with me.

"Yep." I smile. "I could never forget that day." I laugh and he does too.

~~FLASHBACK~~

Tommy and Lisa were wrong. If I was going to make friends, I would've done it by now. I barely made friends at the orphanage. And when I finally felt like I had a family at the orphanage, I'm taken away. To live with these people. In their house. In California, of all places. Next to famous people.

They told me not to worry because I'd make friends. It's been a month and have I made them yet? No. Will I ever make them? No. I was fine back at the orphanage. But I couldn't stay.

So here I am, at midnight, running away. I'm not even sure where to. But I'm leaving. And I'm not coming back. Maybe, I'll go back to the orphanage? It seems too good to be true. I can't count on that dream for long.

I have my bag and my phone and I'm taking the train. I get to the train station. I talk to the lady at the front. "Hi, what's the next train going to and when will it be here?"

"Emmerson and it will be here in... ten minutes."

"Can I get a ticket for that train?"

"Yes ma'am." She gives me the ticket and I pay for it. Then I get in line for the upcoming train. I could hear a boy talking.

"Excuse me, where's that girl going?"

"To Emmerson."

"I need a ticket there." I turn around and see my new neighbor walking towards me. That famous Rocky Lynch guy. Why was he here?!

I turn back around and roll my eyes. "Come on lets go home, Kathy. Everyone's going to be worried."

"It's Kacey. And I'm not going anywhere. I'm leaving. For good. So go back home to your perfect little house with your perfect little family and your perfect little fame and leave me alone. I don't need you."

"I'm not going anywhere."

I glare at him and make my way down the line, finally getting on the train, and running to the very back. Sadly, he found me. He sat next to me in my seat in the very back. "Just leave me alone! Can't you see that's what I wanted?"