Epilogue

"Daddy! Oh my God, daddy!" Tori came running to his bedroom with tears streaming down her face.

"Princess? What's wrong? Are you okay?" He got off his bed just as she ran into him, wrapping her arms around him.

"I'm dying!" He furrowed his eyebrows at her response. He looked down to his crying daughter. He almost laughed when he realised what was happening. Almost.

"Are you bleeding down there?" he asked her, pulling her away from him so he could see her face. She nodded her head, sniffling away. "Oh, Tori, princess, you're not dying. You've got your period." Her face morphed into confusion. "They haven't taught you in school yet?" 'More like I haven't had that sort of talk with her yet,' he said in his mind. He sat her on his bed and sat beside her. "Okay so as you get older, you go through puberty. That's when you go from being a kid to a young adult... Kinda. More like a teenager, I think?" Asher was finding it difficult because he didn't know how to say it all. "For girls, you get periods. It's where you bleed out of down there for a week or so. It's perfectly normal and you're definitely not dying. You're growing up, Tor."

"I don't wanna grow up! I'm only ten!"

"I know, I know. This is going to get weird but how much blood is there?"

"Not a lot. Why?" He told her that they would need to go shopping for women stuff. He told her to get her shoes and coat on, so she did. He also told her to stick some toilet paper down her underwear for the time being. He was really not prepared for this. He even forgot that she would start puberty soon. In his eyes, she was still the same four-year-old girl he hadn't known for too long. The same four-year-old girl who cuddled her grey teddy every night. Now? She hardly did. The teddy was with her on her bed but she hardly touched it.

That made him sad. It was, to him, sort of like she was forgetting her mother. He knew she wasn't but without him mentioning Juliet as much, he wasn't surprised she was growing less and less attached to the teddy. He didn't know what to say about Juliet. He had hardly known her and so he couldn't say much.

When they were in the supermarket, he called up his mother to ask her what to get. She just laughed at him and told him to buy some Always pads. He cut the call after thanking her, even cutting the call when she was trying to tell him something else, and looked for the Always brand. When he found them, he was gobsmacked. There was just so much, how could he ever pick? His mother started calling back. He answered to her laughing her head off. "You silly boy," she muttered. She helped them pick some and he took them to the checkout. He didn't feel too awkward about it, oddly enough. Most men looked at him with weird stares but he didn't care. All he cared about was Tori. They made their way home and on their doorstep was Aimee. "Figured you'd need my help."

"Grandma!" Tori ran up to her and hugged her.

"Hey, petal. I hear you're becoming a woman. Let me help you, I doubt that father of yours knows how." Aimee took the pads from Asher and the two girls headed upstairs to the bathroom.

"Eesh," he mumbled, running a hand through his hair. He went into the living room and collapsed on the couch. "How on earth was I suppose to prepare for that?" he groaned out, throwing his head back against the back of the couch. Sure he had gone school but it still didn't prepare him. He knew what periods were, even if he did suck at science, but he didn't exactly know how to explain it to his ten-year-old daughter. He heard his mother and daughter walking down the stairs. "All okay?" he asked.

"Yep!"

"Now, if you start to feel a lot of pain, ask your dad for some painkillers, okay?"

"Will it hurt bad?" Aimed frowned and thought about it.

"It depends on the person, really. You see, my mother didn't really get any pain but I did and mine was horrific. It might skip a generation so you could be fine for all we know. But anyway, this is your first period and so it shouldn't be all too painful." Aimee and Tori sat on the couch speaking about periods. Asher acted as if he wasn't paying attention — by having the telly on in the background — but he actually was. He basically needed all the information he could. He was sort of new to this as well as Tori, he couldn't exactly let her go through this alone. "Well, I think you're all set! Asher, call me if she needs any advice or anything. I'll see you guys soon." Aimee kissed the both of them on their forehead and Tori hugged Aimee. Asher just simply kissed her on the cheek and offered to drive her home. She shook her head and said it would be pointless since she drove herself there.

"So, daddy, do you have a period too?" He let out a small laugh and shook his head, explaining how it was only women who got it. "Grandma says I can have kids now."

"Well, technically yes but not now. You're way too young. Hm, want some chocolate cake? I heard chocolate is good for periods."

"I'm okay. Let's play video games!" She got off the couch and picked up two controllers, handing one to Asher. She put in a game and they started to play until late in the evening.

"Crap, dinner!" Asher paused the game and looked to her. "And you have school tomorrow... Wanna order pizza?" It wasn't usually like that. He always cooked dinner for the both of them except today he just forgot, most likely due to the little freak out that happened earlier.

"Yeah!" They ordered pizza which arrived soon after, luckily for them.

***

"This is my best friend, Evan!" Tori exclaimed as Asher came to pick her up. "Can he come over?"

Asher stared at the blonde haired boy. Evan looked at Tori with a huge grin on his face before looking to Asher. The look on Asher's face slightly scared Evan, making his grin falter a little. "Uh, sure," he replied. "As long as his parents are fine with it." Evan went and got his parents, letting Asher and the two of them have a quick chat. Asher gave them his address and they agreed to pick Evan up around half six in the evening. Asher even offered to feed Evan dinner.

Asher drove the two kids and himself home with them chatting way in the backseat of the car. He paid attention to the road but was also wary of Evan. He was a boy and although he was ten-years-old, Asher didn't like the thought of Tori hanging out with a boy.

Once they were out of the car, Evan and Tori ran up to the house. After the door was unlocked, they took of their shoes and coats and dumped their school bags on the floor by the front door. They raced upstairs and into Tori's room. Asher followed after and found Tori showing Evan all her toys. "Cool!" Evan exclaimed.

"Hey, daddy, can we play video games?"

"Us three?"

"No! Me and Evan."

"Oh." 'Well, ouch.' "Sure, go ahead." He watched as they headed downstairs, smiling in sadness as he realised how much she was growing up. He was happy that she was growing up, who wouldn't be? But he was sad because she was soon not going to be his little girl. Well, she would always be his little girl except she wouldn't be. Either way, he was glad that she ended up on his doorstep. He couldn't exactly imagine life without her because she was his whole world.

She was his little princess.

*

A/N

Hi! So, this is the end lol BUT I NEED YOUR OPINION

Would you guys like mini bonus chapters of Tori growing up? I'm open to do that lol but I won't be making a sequel :) so, bonus chapters were the next best thing, right? I mean, don't you wanna know how teenage Tori ends up? XD like her papi or what?

Anyway, leave your opinion below! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you loved this! It was my first short story 😂 (probably a little too short, oops, sorry)

I love you all 💜💚