{ Chapter 27 } - A Night to Remember

A/N: The moment everyone was waiting for... Luke Duty. Reins have been handed over to Gabriel, but will Luke be the one to end up with the control in the end? You'll have to read onwards to find out ;)

--------------------------------

----- Gabriel's Pov -----

That was certainly... something. But I was proud of Sang for taking control of her life. Even if it took her getting intoxicated to really do so in front of everyone.

"Who do you think will chase after her first," I whispered to Nikolai.

However, it was Aiden that answered me, "At this point, it could be any of them."

"τι πρέπει να κάνουμε? (What should we do?)" Silas asked.

"Άφησε την ήσυχη. Αυτό είναι ό, τι αυτή θέλει. (Leave her alone. That's what she wants.)," North answered him.

I couldn't understand a word they were saying, but he seemed like they were pissing Elijah off

"Ή να κάνετε ενεργήσουν όπως βλάκες. Είναι επιλογή σου (Or you can act like idiots. It's your choice.)." Elijah shrugged.

North and Silas's jaws just about hit the floor, which made Elijah laugh. "I can speak any language, North. So instead, why don't we chat in English? Or even in riddles, if you will. You need to stop being the Big Bad Wolf that keeps growling at Little Red. She's got just as much bite as you do, and she doesn't need a Huntsman to stab you in the back with an ax. She can do that all on her own with her words."

"So what do you want me to do? Let her make her own decisions or some shit?" North snapped.

"Bingo!" Cody smiled.

"Also, you assholes need to put her above the Academy. That's the only way you can all be with her," Olivia piped up, taking a sip of her drink.

"Is that what you guys did?" Luke asked.

"The Academy has always come second to us," Aiden said.

"Olivia never had to ask us to do it, because we knew she should always come first. She's our life mate. The Academy will come and go, but she's shouldn't," Elijah stated.

"Most of us have been Academy members since almost the beginning of its creation, but it wasn't hard to decide within ourselves that she should come before the Academy," Cody added.

"Weren't you part of the Academy before most of the boys?" I asked, curious now that she mentioned the beginning of the Academy.

Olivia and her boys looked around at each other, nostalgic smiles on their faces.

"I was, Gabriel," Olivia smiled. "The Academy has existed for almost a century now. It has slowly been pasted down from leader to leader, some of them past board members, while others were just members that showed exceptional leadership qualities. But we were a part of the Academy under the founder. Aiden and I were recruited around the same time, probably only a few years apart."

"I was paired up with her, under her request. She obviously had more experience in missions than I had, so I didn't question why she would want a newbie like me on her team. But I quickly graduated to a full-time Academy member soon after, thanks to her help. It turned out that she was friends with the founder, and she told him that I had great potential to help her lead her team. It turns out that she was a vampire even then, and the founder knew. The founder approved of her request, and we set out to find the rest of our team, slowly building our family until it is what it is today," Aiden mused.