Part 8

Natasha woke up and stretched, she looked at Steve who was fast asleep, she gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and moved out.
"Mornings are the most beautiful when I'm with you" she said smiling and taking a deep breath.

~~~~Flashback~~~~

Natasha had curled into Steve's arms unknowingly in her sleep, Steve held her close, protectively, her head was dug into his chest ,her leg between his, his arms wrapped around her.

Natasha moved in her sleep, but his hold was so tight she couldn't move out.
There was a knock on the door, the knocks grew harder.

"Nadia" Josh shouted, "Open the door are you alright"

Natasha opened her eyes in annoyance, but her eyes opened wide as she realized their awkward situation, Josh's cries were unstoppable outside, he would break the door soon if not opened soon.

"I'm fine Josh" she cried, " Too tired to move"

"Okay , come down fast, breakfast is ready" Josh said before leaving.

Steve wokeup and saw Natasha sighing in relief .

"What the hell is his problem? " he spoke in annoyance, he was still holding Natasha tight.

"Uh, Steve! " Natasha struggled a little to get his attention, he realized their position and letting go of her, he jumped out of the bed quickly.

"I'm sorry" he said brushing his hair with his fingers, Natasha sat up.

"Its okay", she said, "I haven't slept so peacefully ever before" she lowered her eyes.

Steve came close to her, "Neither have I", she looked up and smiled.
Steve sat back, resting his back on the bed's crown, Natasha curled into his arm again, resting her head on his chest, hugging his stomach.

"Everyone needs family, someone to hold onto when they are alone, vulnerable, and you know, our heart accepts a certain person as the one whom we could connect to forever, its not under someone's will you know, I know this because, when Clint saved me, we connected, he did with me and I did with him, he has been a brother to me in many ways, and today I just know, no matter what happens we both know that we are their for each other, when he fell in love with Laura, he was in such a dilemma, and he came to me, though I was off no help , he was still at peace after he told me, and together we figured it out, he got married" Natasha held his hand and played with his fingers as she talked, "And Steve" she looked up at him, "Tony shares the same connection with you, I don't know if you feel the same or not, but Tony does, I have seen him hurt, you know he is a bit paranoid, and in attempts to keep us altogether he screwed up and we got divided, and during all this , he didn't have you to get him through"

Steve sighed his eyes lowered, Natasha cupped his fave in her hands, "We have all lost alot Steve, but at the end we had each other, and now we don't, most importantly, Tony lost you, or he thinks he did, you see even though we had opposite opinions we still didn't loose the connections, but what happened after, he is really broken Steve, and its only you who can mend him, mend him in a way that the scars fade away forever"

Steve moved away, out of the bed, unable to look into her eyes.

"Get dressed and go downstairs or that guy would come looking for you" he said with his back facing her.

"On it,  by the way, you have to enter the scene now, you are my boyfriend Stan, you come and I arrange for another free day of stay and then we leave tomorrow " she said getting out of bed, "Don't worry, you just have to come, I will do the rest of the acting "
she winked and entered the restroom.