CHAPTER 1 - Jacob

It's Been A Few Months Now Since The Peculiar Children And Miss Peregrine Decided To Live With My Parents And I In Englewood, Florida. It's Great For Me; Getting To Live With Both My Peculiar And Normal Families Both At Once. It's Not As Great For My Parents, Of Course; I Feel Like They're Scared Of Me Because I'm ' One Of Them ' - As In I'm A Peculiar And I'm A Freak.

Now That The Battle For Peculiardom Is Over, And There Are No More Wights Or Hollowgast, My Peculiarity Is Basically Useless. For Some Reason, I'm Actually Kind Of Glad - Why That Is I Have No Clue. Whenever Any Of The Children Talk About Anything To Do With Our Peculiarities, Miss Peregrine Gives Me A Strange Look; I've Told Emma, But She Shrugs It Off. I Know Somethings Up, But Miss Peregrine Wouldn't Tell Me If I Begged Her.

I Sigh. About A Million Thoughts Are Running Through My Head Right About Now. I Stand Up, Pushing My Stool Backwards With A Squeee, And Walk Towards The Stairs. I Turn Without Paying Attention And Bump Into My Dad.

"Oh, Hey Dad." I Say, Just As I'm About To Apologise.

"Hello, Jake." His Voice Is Shaky, Like It Is Whenever He Talks To Me.

He Tries To Walk Past Me. I Grab His Arm, Making Him Flinch, And I Let Go. He Turns And Looks At Me. Before He Can Speak, I Do.

"Dad, Listen. If We Could Just Talk About This, Have A Father To Son Conversa-" He Talks Over Me.

"You Are No Son Of Mine, Jacob Portman; And I Am No Father To You." He Spat. I Flinch At The Words. You Are No Son Of Mine. Not Only That, But My Dad Never Calls Me Jacob. His Furious Expression Softened Slightly, As If He Realised What He Said.

He Doesn't Understand Me, About My Peculiar Side. Just Thinking About Everything He Didn't Understand Was Getting Me Angry.

"No, You're Not, Because If You Were You'd Understand This!" I Yell Back At Him And Thrust My Left Arm Outwards.

A Loud Smash! Echoes In The Room, And I Turn To See A Vase On The Other Side Of The Room Broken On The Floor. How Did That Fall? No One Could Have Pushed That Over..

He Looked At Me With Wide Eyes, And Before It Was Too Late, He Was Gone Out The Door. I Stand Glued To The Spot On The Floor For What Seems Like Hours. His Words Echo In My Head, Over And Over.

A Throbbing Sensation Blooms On The Palm Of My Hand, And I Look To See A Piece Of Glass Sliced Right Through It. It Doesn't Hurt, But It Looks Serious.

I Know The Other Children Heard Our Small Conversation; I Hear The Soft Clump Of Olive's Shoes On The Kitchen Floor. A Soft Hand Grasps My Shoulder. I Slump Out Of My Trance And Look Up To See Miss Peregrine.

"Mr. Portman, I Am So Sorry." She Says Softly. I Shake My Head In A its-not-your-fault Type Of Way And I Give Her A Small Smile. She Takes My Arm And Begins To Guide Me Upstairs, Probably To Tell Me What The Hell Is Going On.

"Before They Start Bombarding You With Questions, I Think I Have Some Explaining To Do. And Also, I Must Attend To That." She Looks Down To My Hand And Gives Me A Soft Smile. I Only Nod In Return; It's All I Can Manage.

Hey Everyone! So, My First Chapter Of An Actual Fan-Fiction, Exiting! This Seemed Like An Appropriate Place To End The Chapter, But I Will Probably Update Again Tomorrow. Thank You!

- Jordan 🌸 ( 621 words )
P.S. Remember, #StayPeculiar! ❤️