Chapter 1

A/N

It has been way to long. If you guys didn't read the summary there will be around weekly updates in summer, Yay! XD I decided I should publish a chapter before I go away to camp for a week so here ya go. Hope you guys enjoy, no other chapter will be written like this one (without dialogue) but this ones special, lol. Vote, comment, and enjoy!

~Evenderfire
-----------------
The Egg Thief- Two Years Prier

His footsteps echoed through the silence. He was running through the halls taking turns every so often through the castle he had grown to know so well. It was night and no one else was around. He hoped that it would stay that way. He had planned this out very precisely, calculating all of the elements necessary. But if one thing was different, one thing went wrong, the entire plan could fall apart. He was afraid, the risks he took were high, and if found the consequences could be even higher. But the amount of lives he would save was worth it. Still, no matter how hard he tried not to focus on it, the fear fluttered in his stomach.

He turned the next corner, and entered the airship hanger. If everything went as planned, there would be an airship there, his best friend inside of it, waiting for him to make his escape. But it was abandoned, except for the two guards pacing slowly back and forth at the far end of the hanger. He quickly ducked back into the corridor his heart racing. Why wasn't he there? Had he been captured? No, he hadn't heard any warning bells through out the castle. Had he...no. He couldn't have, his best friend would never betray him. He must have just been held back or unable to steal the airship.

His thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the warning bells ringing through the castle. He cursed quietly under his breath. Of course he had been caught, Luke would never betray him. However his capture wouldn't help him anymore than his betrayal would have. He eyed the guards who where now looking slightly more alert and on guard as they paced back and forth looking for any signs of what might have set the warning bells off. Looks like he'd have to make a run for it before more of them came. 'Thanks, Luke.' He thought sarcastically in his head. He had just made his job so much easier.  Still he was worried for his friend. Who knows what they could've done if they caught him... He shook off his growing feeling of dread and worry, that wouldn't help him escape.

He slipped out of the hallway and into the open hanger. He stuck to the shadows cast by the torches that lit up the night. He was as quiet as the night breeze that drifted through the town, soft, silently, and undetected. He ran from ship to ship, ducking in and out of the shadows. He was never visible for more than ten seconds and never louder than the guard's slow pacing. Finally he made it to an airship on the far side of the hanger. It was a scout ship, small and fast but it didn't have the best weaponry. It would do for now though, he only needed it to escape the city. He swiftly moved up the ladder, each step up in sync with the guards pacing so they weren't suspicious.

When he got to the top he ducked down right away to avoid being seen. The guards may be at the other side of the hanger but there was no way he would get out of here unnoticed. He'd just have to make sure that they didn't miss his exit. He silently smiled to himself. He would make sure that anyone in a mile radius would hear him. He'd have to use a slower method of travel, but he would at least get a head start on the scouts. And destroy their weapons, he thought to himself smiling an almost creepy smile. Yes, this plan would be for the best.

He silently flipped open the hatch on the scout ship and slipped below deck without a sound. He moved with silence that almost seemed inhuman. But he had known things that were far quieter and far less human, in nature, looks, and abilities. He made his way slowly and carefully to the smallest and most dangerous room on the bottom of the ship, the engine room. He looked carefully at the engine room, that was silent and calm. Well, for now that is... He dug around in his backpack for a couple items he had brought. He paused momentarily to look at the new item in there. It was almost like it was calling him... He reached out and touched it dark scaly surface. It was smooth and cold yet it seemed so, alive. He jerked his hand back, he could admire the egg later, now he had work to do.