X. A Deal

(A/N- Sorry for the wait on this chapter.  I was concentrating on getting 'Within The Lyrics' up and running.  I thought about putting this story on hiatus for a while and solely focusing on W.T.L. but I opened up this story on my word processor and just began to type.  I still do find it taxing updating two stories at once but I'll continue on. ( I don't understand how some authors have a few stories going all at once....I certainly envy your ability to do so! )  However....if I feel like one or both of the stories are lacking, I will put one of them on pause until I complete the other.  Anyway.....I hope you enjoy this chapter.  The next update for WTL will likely be up by Friday and the next update for this..maybe Sunday.  And the gif on the side....just because he is just so flippin' perfect!!  xx  )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived at work on Monday morning feeling a new sense of happiness.  Everything really seemed to be coming together for me and I couldn’t imagine everything would happen this way in my wildest dreams. 

Did my ‘bullies’ from secondary school really make all of this possible.  Yes.  They were able to get Charlie to see me perform and because of that, he wanted me to meet with James Maddox and Mr. Maddox himself showed up to see me perform on Friday night.  I am still trying to process everything that has happened over the last month.  It seems like it is going all too fast for me to catch up with it all.

Another thing is my relationship with Harry.  Amazing kisser, that one.  No one who knows of us from school would ever believe that ‘No Style Niall’ and Mr. Popularity himself, Harry Styles, would be making out and have feelings for one another.  Life if funny that way, I guess.  Life is completely unexpected but I am quite enjoying my life right now!

It was now lunch and I was in Trip’s office discussing new shipments coming in and the new displays that would have to be put up this week when my phone began to ring.  I looked up at Trip with wide eyes.  He knew I was waiting for a call from Maddox Entertainment and for that reason he allowed me to keep my phone on me while working. 

I froze.  I didn’t really know what to do.  I actually couldn’t remember how to answer a phone.  I felt a smack on my arm, bringing me back to reality.  I looked up and saw Trip lowering his hand.

“Answer it, crazy!” he ordered.

“Um…hello” I answered.

“Hey Niall!  It’s Zayn”

“Hey, Zayn.  How are you?” I smiled and then gave a thumbs up to Trip letting him know that this was in fact the call from Maddox Entertainment.  I figured it was, anyway.

“Great, thanks.  How about yourself?  Not busy are you?”

“Yeah, I’m good.  And not really busy at the moment.  Just on my lunch break.  What’s up?” I reply

So, I’m calling to schedule a meeting.  James would like to see you this week.  Are you available tomorrow afternoon at two?”  I quickly scribbled down ‘2pm tomorrow?’ on a scrap piece of paper and showed Trip.  That was basically my way of asking him if I could leave work early tomorrow.  He nodded and smiled.  I mouthed a thank you to him and continued my conversation with Zayn.

“Tomorrow at two will be perfect.”

“Great.  I have you on James’ calendar.”

“Cool.  I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then, yeah?”