Chapter.58.Save It.<3

Start from the beginning

Taking the point of the intruders is of course Kermit, side by side with a man I've never seen before. Scratch that, I have never seen him before but the red hair and bright green eyes are hard to not place. From the crackling at his fingertips, I realize he's the wizard. I also know he's related to Arabella in some way shape or form. Shit, Arabella?

"Arabella?" She's due tomorrow morning. We weren't expecting them to attack the moment they made it to our territory. We thought for sure they'd want to rest. Surely she'll come though, she should already know what's happening. She knows all.

I smell the rain before I actually see it falling. My heart pounds heavily against my chest as I see Kermit walking carefree towards my mate. My mate however is the opposite of carefree, I can see his tense shoulders and clenched fists from here along with a few veins protruding from his neck. I can tell the difference between our pack members and his brothers or my grandfathers. Mine are chomping at the bit, practically itching to tear into the intruders. Not just because of them trespassing, but for me. I'm not being conceited, I can feel it in the bond.

Not to mention the few mind links I receive.

'This is for you Luna.'

'For our Luna.'

"What the hell are you doing here Kermit?"

"It's Alpha to you, pup!"

Josh growls and prevents himself from taking a step forward. "You lost all respect the day you kidnapped my mate and tortured her you sick bastard." My mate continues before Kermit has a chance to speak. I'm sure he's hoping to end this war before it's started. "Thomas has found his mate, they'll die together. You have no use for Maya. I suggest you leave and choose to live another day."

"Not happening."

Stubborn bastard. "It's your funeral Kermit. I'm not preventing you from making a stupid decision not just for your sake but for your packs. Because after tonight you will have single handedly run them into the ground and for what? What will you have had to show for it? An alliance that still wouldn't have made any difference in pack ranks?" He's so sexy when he's being smart.

'Not that I don't agree Maya but it's best to not think about that stuff right now.'

'Point made. Sorry Amber.'

Inhaling deeply I focus back on the task at hand. Completely dismissing everything my mate has said, Kermit glances at the wolf to Josh's right. "William, what a lovely time to see you again. Seems as if age is finally catching up with you."

My grandfather nods, his face remaining impassive but I can tell seeing Kermit again is tearing him up inside. It's all in his eyes, which thanks to my wolf I can still see perfectly in the dark so far away. "You will pay for everything you have done. To my daughter and granddaughter Kermit. I may be old but you forget, I am stronger than you. Always have been, always will be." Goddess I hope that's true.

"Whatever you say." He snorts and glances to Eric. "Shadow Pack? Interesting choice, pup."

Eric sneers and takes a step forward, "You need to leave Kermit. You'll not be taking Maya, you won't be getting near her." Josh tenses at the mention of my name, I'm sure he was hoping to leave me out of this. That will only make him lose control.

Kermit chuckles and a few of the men I recognize from my capture laugh along with him. "I have no doubt that Alpha Thomas is held, I have no doubt your intention is to put him to death. My intention here is to kill every single wolf that means something to her. And once I do that, I'll be taking Thomas and Maya. The wedding will go on as planned, if he has found his mate I will kill her."