tyler held his backpack straps tightly as he peered up at the teacher. still being seven years old, his doe-eyes had a harder effect on people now than they did later on in life. though he wasn't using them in full effect at that exact moment, the teacher still awed at him, making his cheeks rosy.

"what's your name, dear?" she asked. she had bright blue eyes and equally as bright blonde hair. tyler had just walked in late to the first day of third grade, only because he was lost and couldn't find the class.

"tyler," he said softly, looking down at his feet. he felt the eyes of every other kid on him, embarrassed.

"okay, tyler, you know where my class is now, so lets try to all come to class together," she gave him a comforting smile. "my name is ms. black, you can sit over there next to joshua," she said, pointing to joshua, who was playing with his pencil in his hand and avoiding the looks he got when she pointed at him.

"okay," he said, walking over to sit next to josh. his legs covered with shorts and leggings underneath it kicking under the desk instantly after he sat down.

when joshua properly looked at him, tyler was looking back, and tyler felt his blush rise to his cheeks and a gasp escape his lips.

tyler instantly thought that josh was cute. like crush cute. the kind of cute he hasn't felt before, but what his mommy described to him. the kind of cute that instantly made tyler smitten and embarrassed.

josh thought the same.

but there was a variable. josh has an ego, and tyler doesn't. tyler is extremely shy and josh is extremely un-shy. he has confidence to the max and tyler just doesn't.

"see something you like?" josh whispered after a few seconds so that he wouldn't get caught by the teacher. his small grin making tyler blush more and more by the second.

when josh winked at him tyler bit his lip and pulled his beanie down over his face, trying his best to cover his blush.

josh giggled and it made tyler's heart flutter.

✨🌸✨🌸✨