45 | Guilt-Ridden Criminal

╔══════════════════╗

INDIANA JONES
xlv. GUILT-RIDDEN CRIMINAL

╚══════════════════╝

PRESENT
STORYBROOKE

DING!

THUMP.

DING!

THUMP.

DI—Indiana Jones interrupted the sound of her phone ringing by throwing it as hard as she could against the closest tree. She let out a groan of irritation as she continued to punch the wood, scratching up her fists.

THUMP.

"Just what does that stupid princess mean people can't change?" Indiana muttered to herself.

THUMP.

"I can change. I haven't killed in 30 years!"

THUMP.

"It's been 30 years, yet why do I feel so..." Indiana stopped hitting the tree. "No. That can't be. I'm Indiana fricking Jones. I don't feel guilty about anything... except that time I beat up Winnie, but that was one time... no, two... or was it three? Still! I don't feel guilty about anything."

Indiana sat down on the ground, hugging her knees to her chest.

"Come on, Indie, get yourself together," Indiana whispered to herself. "That's what Peter would tell you. Stop... feeling. That's not hard. Felix did it all the time." Indiana fisted a chunk of her hair, tugging it slightly. "Don't think about them, Indie."

She sniffled and picked up her broken phone, feeling tears of anger and frustration threaten to pour down her cheeks. She wouldn't let that happen, though.

"You're not just some kid anymore, Indiana," Indiana continued to mumble to herself. "You're a cold-blooded murderer. Stop feeling so remorseful."

She paused.

"Maybe I don't want to be a murderer anymore," Indiana suddenly stated, looking up from the ground and releasing her hair. "Maybe I just want to be... Indiana Jones: adventurer extraordinaire..."

The cheesy nickname put a smile to her face, but that quickly faded when she spotted something in the distance. This time, Indiana got a better glance at it. It was dark, like a raven's feathers or the night sky. It had eyes the color of the sun or a lemon. It was a shadow of some sort.

No, it wasn't a shadow. It was Pan's Shadow.

"Get a hold of yourself, Indiana," the brunette whispered to herself. "Your boyfriend's shadow isn't staring at you. Your boyfriend's shadow isn't..." she gulped harshly while slowly standing up. When the Shadow began to move, Indiana started to run. "Wait!"