Good Thing In Bad Times(Octavia x Reader High School AU)

You looked at the test on your desk and tried to stay calm. If you failed this you'd fail tenth grade and be behind all your friends which wasn't happening. It would mean you'd graduate with Octavia, but it wasn't worth the grilling you'd get from your parents. If you failed it would be Octavia's fault because she kept texting you about Bellamy's bullshit and you didn't get any studying in at all.

"Y/N, what are the answers?" Octavia asked and you ignored her. "Fine, I'll pass this without you." Octavia said and you ended up finishing with 5 minutes to spare and enough time to stare at a concentrating Octavia who looked adorable.

"Ms Blake, time is up." The professor said and Octavia handed in a half finished test. This wouldn't make or break her grade, but more like give her summer school. Since that was your last class of the day, Octavia came with you so the two of you could get ready for the game that night which Lexa was going to slay at because she had been practicing and the other team kind of sucked.

"Think you'll play tonight?" Octavia asides you and you shrugged. You were good, at least good enough to block Lexa's shots and even get some on her, but since you weren't the coach's daughter or one of her friends, you didn't get to play a lot.

"No, but if I do, they won't know what's coming." You said thinking of the play Lexa helped you make when a game got cancelled. "Clarke said Raven was going to be late, so no tutoring until after the game or something. I guess coach is trying to make up our playtime since that new rule was put into place."

"Rule?" Octavia asked and I smiled.

"Each player must play at least once every three games." You said and Octavia followed you to your room. Coach had told everybody to bring things for practice because everybody had to be prepared. Once you had a change of clothes, your jersey, and a sweatshirt for Octavia, you were off towards the gym. Octavia and Clarke sitting in the corner talking while you practices drills with Lexa.

"I talked to coach." Lexa said and you looked up. "She said if you could make it through drills without missing a shot or letting somebody else get a shot, you could start."

"Let me guess, I'm up against you and Anya." You said and Lexa nodded. Anya was a senior and their best player, like as in varsity who after this season would be going to train with a college team to further her abilities. "Fuck."

"Anya, Lexa, Y/N you're doing two on one drills." Coach said and Anya ran a hand through her hair before grabbing a ball and letting Lexa get in her ideal position. Octavia noticed what was happening and smiled at you, making you want to win so Octavia could watch you play varsity tonight.

"O, hold this for me." You said tossing your shirt up to Octavia to where you were wearing a sports bra and some semi tight shorts. "You don't have to go easy An."

"I wouldn't dream of it." Anya said and you were sightly nervous now. Anya was like playing three Lexas, but even at her best worst, Lexa was still kind of better than you.

"Start." Coach said and Anya had the ball before you realized it, but you were faster than her, that was your strength, speed. You'd gotten the ball from her and were at your basket before Anya realized it, but unluckily Lexa had and she was going to block you if you didn't shoot as she landed.

"Come on girls." Coach yelled as you threw the ball. Lexa shot a glance at the coach and the ball went in, meaning your were still in. It was like this for another 35 minutes, but when coach realized you were decent, she dismissed you to get drinks.

"So, are you putting her in?" Anya asked and then you saw Anya getting dragged off to the other end of the court. It made you nervous and Anya was glancing at Lexa meaning there was a chance, she'd change her mind. "That was the deal, if I have to sit out I will!"

"Hey, I think you're playing." Clarke said and Anya walked back over here, handing you her jersey.

"If she asks, tell her that if she wants me back, she has to have the 3 of us." Anya said and you smiled. "Also, tell her that we don't suck, her daughter does."

"Got it." You said before hugging Anya tightly. "Thanks by the way."

"No problem." Anya said before walking out the door. Coach drilled everybody extra hard, but showing no sign of putting you on the team.

"Lexa go tell Anya to get her ass back here if she plans on getting a trophy." Coach said and Lexa shook her head. "Y/N, you can play JV."

"That wasn't the deal." Lexa yelled and coach got in her face for a long time before kicking Lexa, Anya, and you off the team. You walked home, hand in hand with Octavia, who had been offered a spot after the recent cuts to each squad.

"You should've taken it." Anya said and Octavia shook her head. That was what you loved about her, she wouldn't do anything that went against what she stood for. Even if it cost her the opportunity of a lifetime.

"No." Octavia said and that night you didn't sleep well. You'd been cut from the team, grades didn't seem to be doing well, and your phone had been broken the day before. You had went to school the next day feeling and most likely looking like a zombie.

"Thanks to you we lost." One of the girls from the team said and you didn't care. It wasn't right that your abilities were taken for granted and they deserved to lose if that's how things would be. "Bitch."

"Shut up." You said and she threw a punch. Everything went by in a blur, but you remembered being in the nurse's office. You'd been suspended and you would be dead when you got home. The rest of your day was shit, you'd failed that test, would be flunking unless you went to summer school and after school classes, and you would have to deal with a moody Octavia for a few days.

"I can't believe his stupid ass broke up with me." Octavia said and you tried to be sympathetic. "Sorry, you're having a much worse day than me."

"Its no big deal, until my parents find out and I'm grounded for the rest of my teenage years." You said and Octavia kissed you. "Um, what was that for?"

"You looked like you needed it and I know I could use something good like you in bad times." Octavia said kissing you harder. "I'll be over tomorrow too."

That night you slept a little easier, you didn't get yelled at by your parents, and you'd finally kissed Octavia fucking Blake. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all, you had Octavia for now and that could be your bright light.