dream sequence | twenty-two

My eyelids fluttered as snowflakes landed on my face, melting slowly as wet trails dripped down my cheeks. The temperature only continued to drop with every passing second as I laid there on my back. I couldn't move, my entire body stiff from the cold.

The snow beneath me soaked through the back of the thin fabric of my shirt, touching my skin and causing it to burn. My jaw was set as I took in as much air as I could, but the frozen air only made my lungs hurt.

The sky above me was grey, splotches of white moving across it as darkening clouds hung in the air. My chest tightened as a pressure formed and I gasped as the sensation grew.

It felt as though the air I was taking in somehow disappeared once it was inside my body and the more I tried to consume the less there seemed to be. My lungs started to ache for oxygen, but as hard as I tried I couldn't intake anything.

The muscles in my body were tense as I raised my hands to grip at my neck. My lips parted and shut over and over as my eyes widened with fear. I couldn't breathe and I started to feel my eyes close involuntarily, my mind and body starting to shut down.

My vision blurred as my hands fell loosely at my sides, all strength that I had was gone as my chest heaved and convulsed. I felt numb as my eyes closed and darkness took over.

.