The Hunger Games, Fairy Tail style (NaLu Fanfiction)

Start from the beginning

I agreed with everyone of course. I was going to fight too!

“Well then, let’s prepare ourselves for our battle and keep our freedom!” Master Makarov yelled.
“YEAAHH!!” The whole guild shouted, throwing their right arms in the air with index fingers up (like the thing we always do).

After this, we started training and training.

We had to be prepared to fight!

End of flashback

The war had started.
I stared out of the window, and looked at the scene in horror.

You see, from my window, I could look at the entrance of Magnolia, which had walls of stone around it (made to protect ourselves). But all that was left of the walls, were ruins.
A large group of people in white suits and helmets on were now fighting the people of my guild. A lot of them were doing well; a lot of the People in White Suits were lying dead or severely wounded on the ground.

I then spotted Natsu fighting a quite large PWS (person in white suit). He was having a hard time; his fire didn’t work on the man.

I had to help him!

I looked around in my room to find my Celestial Spirit keys and I immediately spotted them.
Yes!
I took out one of my most reliable Spirits’ key and summoned him.
“Gate of the Golden Bull, I open thee! Taurus!” I shouted.
A bright light appeared and Taurus appeared in a ‘POOF’.

“Taurus, we need to get outside, the Capitol people are fighting us! We have to help Natsu and the others!” I told him, already running to my door.
“Yes, Lucy! I’ll do anything for you!” He said, before running after me too.

It seemed to take so long before I got out of the house, but after I did, I already got attacked by someone.
Some kind of laser thing shot at me. I could hardly dodge!

“Oh my god.” I mumbled, shocked.
I looked to my right to see the attacker. He had a gun which he had pointed at me. The gun looked a lot like the ones Bisca and Alzack use, but this thing shot lasers or something.

“I will protect you, Lucy-sama!” Taurus suddenly yelled, jumping at the attacker, who looked puzzled by Taurus’ appearance.

Well...you don’t see a talking bull on two legs that often...

“Taurus, you handle this, I’ve got to help Natsu!” I said, running in the direction I saw Natsu struggling with fighting the big PWS. I hoped I wasn’t too late to help him.

I looked in the distance to see Natsu lying on the ground. A lot of dead PWS lay around him, so I assumed Natsu had beaten them. But..
“Oh no....” I mumbled, getting panicked.
Natsu didn’t get beaten. Never. This couldn’t be true.

“NATSU!” I screamed, while running to him. He lifted his head a bit and looked at me with a weak smile. He looked totally beaten.
Did these people have anti-Magic powers or something?! Why didn’t Natsu’s fire work?!

I saw Natsu dropping his head again, which made my heart ache.
I wasn’t going to cry right now, I had to stay strong and help him.

I ran to his side and threw myself on my knees beside him. I turned him around and he opened his eyes at me.
“H-hey...L-lucy.” He choked out, coughing very loud.
I smiled at him, sadness in my eyes.
“Natsu. What happened? Normally your Magic works on everything.” I said to him. His face looked as if he was in pain, which I assumed was the case.

“Th-these people...they have...those things....the shields....t-they protect them...”
“And those guns?”
“Th-they don’t kill you. They p-paralyse you.” He said, being so worn out that he passed out.

What the heck was going on?
These people had Magic resisting shields and guns which paralyse you.
How would we all fight them? The shields would protect them, so they would cause all of our attacks to just bump off. And then those guns.... they paralysed you. If you got hit by one of the lasers, you would get beaten.

Suddenly an idea popped into my mind.
“I’ve got to find Erza..” I mumbled.

I felt Taurus leaving, likely because he beat the man who attacked me, and I ran off to find Erza.
Erza would probably be fighting at the front lines. Her armour would protect her from the lasers, so she was safe.

“Lucy, look out!”

I suddenly felt a weird sting in my waist. It felt like when you lean on something too much and then your arm or leg, depends on which you were leaning on, starts tingling.
“Wh-what’s happening?” I mumbled.
My legs gave out and I fell on the ground. I couldn’t move anymore; I was paralysed.

“Lucy! HEY! Luce, are you okay?!”

Gray’s voice appeared out of nowhere and sounded far away, but it reached my ears. I felt numb, I could only move my eyes to see Gray running towards me.
“Lucy, what happened?!” He yelled at me, shaking my body violently.
“T-the...gun....p-paraly...lysed...” I managed to speak out. Gray looked at me with big worried eyes.

I looked to my left and my eyes widened.
“Gray!” I tried to yell, but I could only whisper.
“What’s wr-”

The laser already got him.

Tears appeared in my eyes while Gray fell to the ground, also paralysed. He fell next to me and I just stared at him while he stared back at me with wide open eyes.
I could see that he was scared of being paralysed and not able to do anything. I was scared like hell too. Who knew what was going to happen?

“I see two of them!” A voice shouted. “Well, get them!” A louder voice shouted.

Who was that?! I didn’t recognize the voice.
I felt panic rise in me and I looked at Gray with scared eyes. He did the same.

Suddenly one of the Persons in White Suits walked towards us, kneeling down beside us.
More panic was rising in me.
The man held up his arm and I saw his fist going towards my face.

This wasn’t going to end well...

“Lucy!” Gray whisper/yelled.
That was the last thing I heard before the fist collided with my face and I passed out.