Chapter 20

Chapter 20

       So far, it has been five months since Tony and I started dating and I could not be happier. He was the best thing that has ever happened to me and I was so happy I decided to give him a chance.

       He was definitely the best boyfriend I ever had. He always surprised me with random dates, and would even randomly buy me flowers for no reason.

       I loved him so much.

       The two of us have talked about marriage a few times and honestly, even though we have been dating for five months, I think I was ready for it. Wait, no. I know I was ready for it.

       I didn't know when we would, but I did hope it was soon.

       "So," Tony said while we were watching a movie. "Want to go out tonight?"

       "And do what?" I asked.

       Tony shrugged. "I don't know. Anything. I'm already stressed out from coming back to school after winter break. My class is annoying."

       "Why did we think it would be good to work with teenagers?" I asked.

       "Who knows?" Tony asked. "So, do you want to go out? We can go to a restaurant, or the movies, or basically anywhere you want."

       "Hmm....How about we go out to eat?" I suggested. "I am a bit hungry."

       "How does a moonlit picnic sound?" he asked.

       I smiled at my boyfriend. "Perfect."

       Later on, we went to the kitchen to get a few things for the picnic. Well, Tony basically made everything because he was the better cook. All I made was the sandwiches and even then, I missed up. Don't ask me how. I just did.

       Tony looked at my failed creations and chuckled. "Okay, how about I fix whatever the hell that is? You can....Hold on, let me think of something you can actually make."

       "Ha ha," I said. "I'll just go get ready." I kissed his cheek before heading to our bedroom to change my outfit. Once I did, I went to the washroom to touch up on my make-up before walking back out.

       Tony had everything ready by then, so he quickly got changed before we headed out.

       We didn't really have an idea where to have a picnic, so we drove around for a bit before Tony found the perfect spot. It was a small park with grass so green that the maintenance must have worked on it every single day.

       We got out of the car and Tony grabbed the basket and picnic blanket from the backseat. We found a spot to sit at and he set up the blanket. We sat down and began taking the food out of the picnic basket.

       "You know, I'll never get over how amazing you are," I said.

       Tony chuckled. "Thanks."

       "I'm serious," I said. "Nobody has ever loved me the way you do and I was afraid of finding love again after what happened, especially how my family treated me because of it. But you made it all better."

       Tony smiled and leaned over, giving me a quick kiss. "That's because I love you," he said.

       I smiled back. "I love you, too."

       We began eating the food, and because of how delicious the sandwiches taster, I vowed to never make something ever again. "How?" I asked. "How can something as simple as a sandwich taste so good?"

       Tony shrugged. "I don't know. I just made a sandwich. I'm just that awesome."

       I rolled my eyes, but I did agree with him. He was that awesome.

       "So, I have a question," I said. "When did you first knew that you liked me?"

       "Probably almost immediately after our first encounter," he said. "There was just something about you that was different about everyone and later on when you started arguing with me, it just felt....special. What about you?"

       "Well, I first knew that I liked me the minute I was born."

       "Not you, me," Tony said with an eye roll. "When did you know that you first liked me?"

       "Probably the same as you," I said. "After our first encounter. That was why I started acting like a jerk to you afterwards. I didn't want to take the chance with someone else so I was hoping you would hate me because of it. Too bad it didn't work."

       Tony smiled. "Definitely not. Now, I have a question of my own."

       "You already asked me a question of your own," I pointed out.

       "Stop being a smart ass," Tony said. "I'm trying to be serious."

       "You can never be serious," I said. "But, all joking aside, what's your question."

       "What would you say if I proposed to you right now?"

        "Wait. What?"

       Tony took my hands in his and helped me stand up. "I love you, Charlie," he said. "So much and even though we've only been dating for five months, I think we're both ready. So...." Tony got down on one knee and pulled a small ring box out of his pocket before opening it up, revealing a beautiful diamond ring. "Will you marry me?"

       I immediately felt tears in my eyes. "Yes," I said, my voice a bit soft. "Yes, of course I will."

       Tony smiled brightly before taking the ring out of the box and placing it on my finger. He then stood up and pulled me in for a kiss, one that felt more magical than the other ones.

       When our lips parted, Tony pulled me into a hug and I wrapped my arms tightly around him. This was everything I ever wanted in life. To find the perfect man I would call my husband one day. To find the perfect man who cared for and loved me so much.

       And I found it with Tony.

________________________

Aww, so cute. cx Just wait until Charlie's family finds out. She won't be inviting them.

Idk why, but I always find it so awkward to write marriage proposals. cx Take Popson's. It was cute, but so awkward to write, lol.

And another possible upcoming one will probably be awkward to write. cx