˚₊‧7‧₊˚

Gif of David ˚₊‧✩ଘ✩੭✩‧₊˚

Gif of David
˚₊‧✩ଘ✩੭✩‧₊˚

Education Building.

Office 336.

I stood right outside the door, too timid to knock. Come on, Casper. It was basically therapy. You've been to therapy many times before. I knocked against the door as firmly as I could.

"Come in!"

I opened the door to Dr. Larsen sitting at his desk. His computer was in front of him, along with some neat stacks of papers, a fancy cup of gold-plated pens, and an organizer.

"Casper. Come sit."

"Hi." I closed the door and walked to the chair on the other side of his desk. His grayish blue eyes roamed my face for a brief second as if he was trying to read me.

"You called me earlier. Said you wanted a session, right?"

I nodded, clutching my small drawstring bag in my lap with white knuckles. "Y-yeah. Even if it's fifteen minutes. A-and I know we technically have counselors for this sort of thing but I'm kinda... wary of strangers."

"I understand, and I'm happy to help. You seem nervous."

I was. Of course it was that obvious. And here I thought I was doing a better job of hiding it.

"I... I can tell you anything, right? Like, between you and me?"

He sat up straighter. "Everything you tell me is confidential. I'd never break that."

"Okay." I set my bag beside me on the floor so I wouldn't fidget with it, but my leg started bouncing and I couldn't even help it. "I read those pamphlets Jeff gave me at the pride meeting event thing."

"Oh, okay. What conclusion did you come to?"

I glanced at the desk. "I considered my past crushes. Two boys, one girl. But I don't think I'm gay or bi."

"You don't have to rush it, Casper. You have your entire life to love whoever you want."

"I get that, but I just wish I was sure. I have this, um..." I rolled my eyes to the ceiling, knowing how silly this was about to sound to him. "I have this pride flag that I'm waiting to hang up when the time's right."

His eyebrows furrowed. "When the time is right?"

I swallowed. I wish there were ways to communicate telepathically. Having to form the words was tedious. What if I said the wrong things? "It's a pride flag. So, why don't I feel proud?"

"I see. You think that, maybe, knowing where you fit into it will give you the right to hang it up, so to speak?"

"Exactly. It feels false, putting up a flag when I don't know if I belong."

"Casper, I won't tell you what to do, but I can say that, if nothing else, you're an ally who supports the community which is more than enough reason to hang the flag."