Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Six

Chapter Six
• •

"Look, there's your old house," Xavier said on the way, pointing to a two-story bungalow at the end of the street.

"That's where we used to live?" David gasped, staring out at the window.

"Yeah. How do you know where we lived?" I asked Xavier.

As far as I knew, he'd never come here before; definitely not when I was still in Carlos six years back. We saw each other in school only for about half a month. He was new in town back then and I left Los Carlos soon after. He never came to my house, that I was sure. The only possibility of having him at my house was exclusively on birthdays but even that did not happen during that half a month because I left on my birthday.

"I came here on your birthday."

"You did?!" I marveled with a confused frown. "No. You didn't. I left on my birthday!"

"Uhh. . . yeah, I guess. Nevermind. You and your mother share the same birthday? The other day was your birthday, right?"

Wow. This guy literally knows my whole life.

"Yeah! How did you know all that? I mean I never told you any of that."

"Yeah, you did."

"No. I'm sure I didn't. We barely talked. Except for my starbursts."

"You did," he insisted.

I was sure he was lying.

"Are you stalking me?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

He scoffed. "During elementary? Come on."

"Then, how come you know everything?"

"Do you like Alana?" David asked Xavier out of nowhere. "Because my friend Flint likes Sherry and he knows her birthday."

"No. That's not it," I told him.

Xavier shrugged and grinned at David. "That makes sense."

Well. . .

He pulled up at the end of our driveway after a fifteen-minute drive. David thanked him before jumping off the car and racing inside the house saying he was starving. Narcissus came to open the door for me but, I had already gotten out.

"Thanks," I said as I closed the door.

"Anything for you, Mongrel," he replied.

"And thanks for the starbursts too. Those in my locker."

He easily shrugged in response like it wasn't a big deal. I watched him lean back on his car, sliding his hands inside his jeans pockets and staring at my house in silence. His expression serious and thoughtful, but giving nothing away.

"Well, I think I should get in now," I said.

Leaning forward, he reached out for my hand. "Wait! Alana."

I looked back at him, suddenly feeling a flutter in my heart at his gentle touch. And if I heard him right, he had just called me Alana for the first time. I somehow liked the way he said it, the way it sounded in his deep, resonant voice.

Seeming kind of nervous, he bit down on his lower lip. There was something in the way he met my eyes, like he was eager to say something . . . but he couldn't. Without even bothering to ask him if he wanted to say anything, I kept gazing at the way he was biting his lip. There was something so good about the way he did it. When his teeth left his lip, the mark they'd made glistened in the Sun and I swallowed.

icon lock

Show your support for Hermyne, and continue reading this story

by Hermyne
@HermyneKhaling
Now available as Audiobook on Audible India. Moving back to her old s...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 49 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @HermyneKhaling.