Chapter 12:

“Why are you harming yourself, Rene?” I looked up at who was asking, it was Dawn. She had one of her arms around me while my head rested on her shoulder.

“Where am I, Dawn?” I asked quietly.

“You’re in heaven with me young lady, isn’t it were you want to be?” she asked in her elderly voice.

“Yeah, I guess.” She grabbed my hand and walked toward what seemed like a snow globe. Dawn put it in my hands.

“Close your eyes. Think of somebody you know. Then shake the globe, and open your eyes.” She whispered. I did as I was told and thought of Chres.

When I opened my eyes, I saw him in a waiting room crying. He wasn’t alone…Alexis, Prod, J, Jacob, Raymond, Ms. And Mr. Crippin, and a doctor saying something I couldn’t figure out.

“What do you see child?” I turned around to face Dawn in the face.

“People crying, why are they crying Dawn?” I asked. She removed the globe from my hands and grabbed both hands.

“Look, baby girl.” She lifted my chin. “Life IS hard, I ain’t going to lie. But you were given this life, because your strong enough to life it.” She smiled. “Do you really want people crying for you?”

“No…I don’t. But my days are up Dawn,” I said quietly.

“You ARE still alive.” She smiled while I looked confused. Dawn leaned and gave me a kiss on my face and moves my bangs from my face. “I love you!”

I woke up, it was only a dream. But I’m glad it was Dawn, and no one else telling me.

“How you feeling?” I turned with my eyes squinted and looked at a doctor.

“Okay.” I said weekly.

“Yeah, you lost most of your blood Rene. But give it a couple of days so your system will make more blood, okay.” He smiled.

“Okay.” I turned around and nobody was in my room “Where’s everybody?”

“They are in the waiting room, we still have to do a couple of test.” He looked at some sheets. “You know you’re really lucky to have so many people worried for you.”

“I know.” I said embarrassedly.

“I want to talk to you Rene.”

“Okay.” I smiled slightly.

“Why were you self-harming yourself?” He asked.

“I don’t know.” I looked down at my wounded wrist.

“If you don’t me to tell anybody, I won’t. But I would love it if you told me why.” He smiled.

“Do you really want to know?”

“Yes,”

“Well, my parents.” I didn’t know how to say this. “My parents…”

“Used to abuse you?” He asked.

“Yeah, kinda.” I said.

“How come you never told anyone?”

“Because I have no friends, no family, and besides my only friend passed away.” I tried holding back the tears.

“Well, your guardians already signed you up for a program where you have to go twice a week and talk about your self-harming habit. Okay?” I nodded my head. “Well I will be right back” He left.

I guess I was happy to see Dawn, I hope I get to see her soon again. But without harming myself. I observed my wrist, I couldn’t believe I deep I was in. I just wanted to go to my real home were my real parents are…