Chapter 34

Starr POV

"A baby?" I asked again. Maybe I didn't hear her right.

"Yes a baby. You are only a couple of weeks." The doctor told me. I looked at King and he leaned against the wall in disbelief.

"So which one of you are the lucky father of this unborn?" The doctor asked.

"Me." King raised his hand.

"Oh you sure know how to pick em." She smirked over at me.

"My freaking shoulder hurt!" I yelled out.

"Now you know how it feel to get shot in the shoulder." King came over to my side and stroked my hair back.

"It hurttttt." I whined.

"I know baby just stay relaxed." King slid his hand down to my stomach and rubbed it.

"Awww that's so sweet." The doctor cooed.

"I hope it's a girl so you can name her Desiree." Des smiled widely.

I smiled up at her. I am so glad to see her again.

"Don't you go nowhere else by yourself." I laughed.

"I'm saying!" King said.

"But she ain't having no girl. She gone have a boy so me and King can raise that lil nigga right." Ray smirked.

"Or what if I have twins?" I laughed. Ain't no way I could deal with twins. You gone have to kill me first.

"Twins?!" Everybody yelled at the same time causing me and the doctor to laugh.

"Just playing y'all, dang." I giggled.

"So when will she be able to leave?" King asked.

"She can leave today. Just be easy on the womb." The doctor said. I gave her a smile as she left out.

"Y'all smell that?" Ray said sniffing the air.

"Naw what?" I asked.

"It's the smell of a new beginning." Ray smirked.

It did feel good to know you didn't have to worry about anyone trying to take your life.

"So should we celebrate?" Des asked.

"Hell yea! We wouldn't be us if we didn't!" King laughed.

"I say we hit up that Rihanna concert." Des said rocking her hips.

"Hell naw! Lets go watch the Dodgers play." Ray said.

"We could walk on Hollywood Boulevard!" I said excitedly.

"Or we can go to Universal Studios in Hollywood." King said.

"Hell naw. I can't do none of that shit with a bullet womb." I said.

"Yea but-" King stopped talking once the doctor came in.

"Here are some forms you have to sign and you can go." She said bubbly. I stood up and went to the bathroom with Des to get dressed.

"You don't seem sad like you should be." I told Des as we struggled to put my pants back on.

"You know I have grown used to bad shit happening to me." She shrugged.

"Soo....you gone name your daughter Desiree?" She smirked.

"Hell no! I want a son anyway." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because a girl is too much trouble. You have to deal with her periods, attitude, dating, sex life, getting pregnant. I just don't want that." I admitted.