"Yes. I'll have the yellowtail."

"I'll have the same." I repeated after Minga, handing our menus back to the short woman.

"Excellent choice." She left, taking our menus.

"All I'm saying is, Will is young and is capable of amazing things. Just don't push him harder than you have to."

I had to admit, I had been a jerk to Will. I thought pushing him was the right thing to do. Maybe I needed to ease up a bit on the kid, I thought.

"You're right. I'm so lucky to have you." I reached across the table and held her hand.

"As am I to have you." Her smile brightened up the room.

"Please. I put you in more danger than you deserve."

"I haven't been in danger yet, have I? Because, you sir are excellent at not getting caught." She said the last part quieter.

"Enough about work. Let's talk about you. Work on any piece recently?" I asked her, fiddling with my chop sticks.

Minga was going to school to be a lawyer, yes. But her true passion was with art. She was minoring in Art. Her paintings were beautiful. She was a master at Abstract Impressionism, but she also had highlights with Surrealism. Topics I knew nothing about until I met her.

"I just finished a piece the other day."

"Can I see it?"

"Later, promise."

I smiled sipping my water. Everything about this moment was perfect. Well, except the fact that my arm was restrained in a tight sling.

"This is really good, I'm impressed." She complimented the sushi.

Around the end of our meal, I glanced up.

At the bar, behind Minga, a man with a jagged scar across his face watched me.

I made thick eye contact with him, almost challenging him. I wiped my face off with the napkin.

"I think it's time to go." I left a tip and paid the bill. Practically dragging Minga out, we left.

"Hey, hey! What's the rush?" I released her.

"Nothing, nothing. I just thought we should get moving. The Spider already opened for tonight."

"We'll make it there, don't worry. But I wanted to show you this before we left." She made her way to the trunk of the car and pulled it open. She pulled out a medium canvas from the trunk of her car. She turned it over, revealing her beautiful masterpiece. Under the street lamp, the colors popped off the canvas.

She painted a lion, with a bright and colorful main. A mix of red's, orange's, yellow's and pink's made up the mane, giving it a warm feeling. The lion looked proud, confident.

"This is beautiful. It's so bright. So hopeful."

"I'm glad you feel that way."

"Wow."

My eyes couldn't be removed from it. In the bottom corner her signature was scribbled on with black paint.